Author Topic: Android Version of AutoHTN Vera Released  (Read 16232 times)

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
Android Version of AutoHTN Vera Released
« on: August 18, 2010, 03:32:31 am »
The beta version of AutoHTN Vera is now available for free in the Android Market. AutoHTN is made by Home Theater Network and can control a Vera home system’s lights, sensors, thermostat, switched power devices, scenes, and window blinds. AutoHTN can also be used as a remote for Boxee or XBMC media software as well as web enabled receivers.

We have been testing AutoHTN on multiple Android phones including the original Droid, G1, and Droid X.  Additionally, AutoHTN has been tested with both UI2 and UI4 versions of Vera. Setup is easy as AutoHTN pulls all the device information from Vera. For example, if Vera is on the local network and Wi-Fi is on, then no setup is required as AutoHTN will automatically find Vera on the local network and pull all the device information from it. A user name and password is all the set up information needed for remote findvera.com or mios.com access.

AutoHTN has been in private beta for the past couple months and our users have found it very useful. We’re now opening it up to the public for free as a beta version. More information on AutoHTN can be found at AutoHTN.com. Please let us know what you think including any suggestions, comments, or questions. We’ll be checking this Vera Forum and our AutoHTN forum at HTNforum.com. Thanks and enjoy!

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Android Version of AutoHTN Vera Released
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:32:15 am »
Here are some more screen grabs:

Offline raskell

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:44:01 pm »
AutoHTN Vera works well.  Nice GUI and intuitive to use.  I am testing side-by-side with HomeBuddy and I must say, the graphical approach to hTn is a touch above the 'texty' feel of HB (no pun intended).   Both do an excellent job interfacing with Vera2.
Vera2, UI4, Trane/Schlage TStats(6), Schlage LeverLock, GE 3-wayswitches, WD HA14 3-way dimmers, Intermatic Outdoor Module, Hawking door/window sensor(s), VeraLite UI5, Everspring SM-103

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:06:06 am »
Thanks Raskell, glad you like it.

There is a new update on the market which fixes some setup issues people were having with Mios. Let us know if there are any suggestions, questions, or comments.

Offline mario23

• Beta Testers
  • V2|V3
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 06:16:56 am »
I've been playing with it as well...looks good.
I noticed that there isn't a section for locks.
I can't find my Kwikset anywhere in there...
Vera 3 Lite | Kwikset lever Lock (3) | 45609 ON/Off (9) | 45603 Module (1) | VRI10 Dimmer (1) | VP00R Match Dimmer (1) | VRI06 Dimmer (2) | VRS15 (5) | Intermatic HA01C Outlets (3) | Trane Thermostat | HSM100 3in1 Sensor | Foscam FI8905W ipcam (1) | Foscam FI8904W (2) | Foscam FI8918W (3)

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:49:35 am »
Probably won't see locks in the beta version, but we would like to add that feature one day. Have to make sure the lawyers won't come after us first  :)

Offline mikemsd

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 09:30:10 am »
I'm always glad to see more development for Android. I downloaded AutoHTN to try, but will probably stick with Home Buddy for now. Here are some issues I discovered while using it:

1. It could not auto detect my Vera2 with UI4 on my local network, there is no screen for me to enter an IP manually that I can find, so I was forced to use mios.com to connect. I am using my Vera as a switch instead of a router, so I'm wondering if that could have an effect.

2. I can't figure out how to set a dim level with the lights. It appears that I can either turn them on or off.

3. There is no breaking apart of rooms. I have multiple lights labeled as "Ceiling Light" but in different rooms, but they all just show up together.

4. HVAC controls appear to be limited to only one thermostat. I have two thermostats in my house, one for each floor that I would want to be able to view and control separately.

Other than that, the software is looking good. I'll keep it on my phone for now and check it out as it is upgraded.
Vera2 (UI4 1.5.408), 2x Trane Thermostats, 9x GE 45606 Dimmers, 1x GE 45613 3-Way Dimmer kit, 1x Intermatic HA04 Outdoor Module, 1x Intermatic HA09 Remote.

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 12:28:57 pm »
Thanks for the comments mikemsd. Did you make sure your phone was connected to your local Wi-Fi network with Vera on it? If its not, then it won't find it. When you hit the "Save" button is when AutoHTN actually searches for the local Vera so Wi-Fi has to be connected to your local network at that point.

Dimming lights and more than one thermostat are features we will add before its out of beta. Not sure about the rooms though. We're finding people like it organized by devices, but if enough users want the devices organized by rooms, then we can always create a "rooms" button.

Offline mikemsd

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 06:06:51 pm »
Thanks for the comments mikemsd. Did you make sure your phone was connected to your local Wi-Fi network with Vera on it? If its not, then it won't find it. When you hit the "Save" button is when AutoHTN actually searches for the local Vera so Wi-Fi has to be connected to your local network at that point.

Yeah, phone was on WiFi, it still wasn't able to detect it. I'll try again tonight, and see if it was a temporary glitch.

Update: Yeah, appears to have been a one time glitch. I was able to get it to auto detect this time.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:55:47 pm by mikemsd »
Vera2 (UI4 1.5.408), 2x Trane Thermostats, 9x GE 45606 Dimmers, 1x GE 45613 3-Way Dimmer kit, 1x Intermatic HA04 Outdoor Module, 1x Intermatic HA09 Remote.

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 10:18:02 pm »
The latest update (v0.80) should fix some of the GUI issues for phones not using Android's default settings.

Offline 325xi

• Global Moderator
  • V1, V2, still V2...
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 12:25:58 am »
I can't find your app on the market - I'm in Canada (Rogers)
Did you limit availability by geolocation?

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 11:32:14 pm »
The only limitation was Android 1.6 and up. Locations is set to "All" so I'm not sure why the Android market is not showing it.

Offline voyager

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 11:25:18 am »
Is it possible to post the .apk file?
My device (Toshiba Folio with android 2.2 and 10 inch screen) does not have android market :(

Offline mrHTN

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 12:03:00 pm »
Voyager, since AutoHTN is in beta, the apk file is only available on the market place.

Offline pfeilberg

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 05:12:24 am »
Hi,

Works great on my home (vera) network, but for about a month now, I have not been able to connect remotely. Has anything been changed? I had same issue with Home Buddy, but I solved it by deleting the first server under remote servers. Seems like fwd1.mios.com is the correct address.

HTN does not find my temperature and humidity sensors. Home Buddy reports those correctly.

Regards
Peter