Author Topic: Shut off time for Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector, Pet Immune (PIRZWAVE2-ECO)  (Read 602 times)

Offline christianm

RE: Ecolink Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector, Pet Immune (PIRZWAVE2-ECO)

So it looks like the preset (unchangeable) shut off time of 4 minutes isn't really 4 minutes. It's 3 minutes. Is anyone experiencing this? I have 2 of these. My problem is that it would turn off at 3 minutes and since it won't 'resend' the Movement Detected signal after the 4 minutes is up, you could move all you want in front of it from minute 3 to minute 4 and nothing would happen.

What do you guys use for whole room detection to control room lights?

I bought the zooz before but I returned it because it would show up as GENERIC_IO for motion, which I found a solution for in this forum today at the link below, so I'm purchasing it again to try it again.
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000077078-multisensor-6-motion-sensor-shows-as-on-off-device-in-vera-ui7-

Offline atd999

I think you did not see the first review on Amazon ...it states
"*EDIT* If you're hoping to get rid of that 4-5 minute lag before it resets to 'no motion', just change the internal pin to test mode and it makes it almost instantaneous. I've had mine on test mode for over 6 months now and the batteries are still going strong."

if you switch to Test mode, you have to do your own delay via your own screen.. else you light can turn on and off like every 1-2 second which is a bit annoying if you stay in the room for more than a few seconds

Offline ldobson

+1 for test mode! move the already installed jumper to the two TEST pin's on the bottom right of the circuit board.  That will eliminate the 4 minute reset.  I have a few of these with various scenes and PLEG's and it has not been an issue.

Offline homeuser

+1 for test mode. I'm running 3 of them in test mode. The first one I got was nearly 2 years ago. I don't think I have changed the batteries in any of them yet. Now the Aeon 6 in 1 multisensor on the other hand drains batteries quickly.