Author Topic: Alexa Echo Dot, Vera Plus UI7 adding new scenes in Vera not populating on Alexa  (Read 1225 times)

Offline nutshellml

I setup my Dot fine and it's working great.  Originally had 2-3 scenes that work fine, turn on goodnight, turn on kitchen on, etc.  I recently added some new scenes to Vera but Alexa is not discovering them.  Thoughts?

Offline JimWingard

• Sr. Newbie
I had to disable skill and re-enable it for it to see my new added device! I don't know if it is the same with scenes!

Offline regregg99

Finally got Alexa working by simplifying device and location names and then only selecting 5 devices.  However, when I discovered devices it came back with a total of 50.  The other 45 were actually scenes!  Is there a way to control which scenes are sent to Alexa?  In particular, I do not want to send my security related scenes up there.

Offline JimWingard

• Sr. Newbie
I would "hope" that when you tell Alexa to "forget a device" it will erase it from the Alexa server. It will likely be up to Mios to add a selection process for scenes the way they have for devices now during setup. That way you could select only "your" desired discover-able scenes.

Offline regregg99

How are people naming their Rooms and Devices in order to work with Alexa?  At the moment I have named the kitchen light to be "kitchen" (room) "kitchen" (device) to create a unique device name that I can remember.  But saying Kitchen Kitchen seems stupid, but how many ways can you say "Light"?  I tried "Light One", but it is difficult to remember which is light one and which is light 26.  Any thoughts?

Offline JimWingard

• Sr. Newbie
Here is how I setup my room/device names. I have a room called "The" that has most of my devices included, but I had to do a work around for some with longer names. Room names in "".

"Front porch" Post Sconces           "Front" porch Chandelier

"The" Fountain lights         "The" Fountain pump        "The" outside up lights   

"The" Foyer Chandelier      "The" main hall cans        "The" Crystal table Lamp

"The" Piano room cans         "The" Pianoroom Chandelier         "The" French Table lamp

"The" Dining room lamp           "The" Formal dining Cans           "Formal Dining" room Sconces
 "Formal Dining" room Chandelier

"The" Arch Chandelier       "The" Arch sconces           "The" Asian display case

"The" Bertha           "The" Mantel lamp        "The" Bookcase Leds        "The" Bookcase Rope Light
"The" Living room Cans         "The" Hall Display Case            "The" Curio Cabinet         "The"  Crystal floor lamp

"The" Breakfast Chandelier       "The" Kitchen Chandeliers        "The" Kitchen Display Case                                   
 "Kitchen" Over Counter lights          "Kitchen" Under Counter lights           "The" kitchen Cans

"The" Patio Cooking lights          "The" Patio Cans

"The" Theater Sconces         "The" Theater Step Lights         "The" Theater Cans

"Office" cans        "Office" Lamps

"The" Mud Room Light           "The" Mud room Cans

"The" Master Bedroom Cans      "The" Master bedroom rope

Offline a-lurker

Offline hax0rmort

Here is how I setup my room/device names. I have a room called "The" that has most of my devices included, but I had to do a work around for some with longer names. Room names in "".

"Front porch" Post Sconces           "Front" porch Chandelier

"The" Fountain lights         "The" Fountain pump        "The" outside up lights   

"The" Foyer Chandelier      "The" main hall cans        "The" Crystal table Lamp

"The" Piano room cans         "The" Pianoroom Chandelier         "The" French Table lamp

"The" Dining room lamp           "The" Formal dining Cans           "Formal Dining" room Sconces
 "Formal Dining" room Chandelier

"The" Arch Chandelier       "The" Arch sconces           "The" Asian display case

"The" Bertha           "The" Mantel lamp        "The" Bookcase Leds        "The" Bookcase Rope Light
"The" Living room Cans         "The" Hall Display Case            "The" Curio Cabinet         "The"  Crystal floor lamp

"The" Breakfast Chandelier       "The" Kitchen Chandeliers        "The" Kitchen Display Case                                   
 "Kitchen" Over Counter lights          "Kitchen" Under Counter lights           "The" kitchen Cans

"The" Patio Cooking lights          "The" Patio Cans

"The" Theater Sconces         "The" Theater Step Lights         "The" Theater Cans

"Office" cans        "Office" Lamps

"The" Mud Room Light           "The" Mud room Cans

"The" Master Bedroom Cans      "The" Master bedroom rope

Question,.....did you spell your mantle lamp, "mantel" on purpose due to the way alexa hears it?

Offline Anitadot

Lazzah will field this one, but I would guess that playing in order makes the most sense. Its a four parter, isnt it, Lazzah? Together they make up a complete story.