Author Topic: AEOTEC ZW096 Not reporting Power (Solved)  (Read 1033 times)

Offline chrugel

AEOTEC ZW096 Not reporting Power (Solved)
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:55:55 am »
Hi,
I bought 4 Aeotec Smart switch 6 (ZW 096) Firmware 1.0.
I added them to my system, a Vera Edge Firmware 1.7.2406 to discover they would not report power consumption, either power (w) or accumulated (kwh).
After looking around for a while in the luapnp.log i discovered the the device did not report any power.
I googled for the manual for this device, looking for more advanced options than the one in the box. Especially the Z-wave configuration data thinking this would be the place to start.
Found this one:
https://www.intin.no/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/aeotecss6manual.pdf (Sorry the insert hyperlink does not work?)
Found four options that seemed interesting:
(80)  Enable to send notification                   Factory default 2
(90)  Enables/disables parameter 91 and 92  Factory default 1 (Enabled)
(91)  The value here represents minimum change in wattage to send message Factory default 25
(92)  The value here represents minimum change in wattage  percent to send message Factory default 5

Then came the problem of reading these values, being new to vera it took some googeling, but i eventually found this guide:
http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-102
Did this and found out that actually all the Smart Switches i got had the wrong Factory default setting on parameter 90, they were all 0 so no power was ever reported.
Changed this to 1 and they seem to work like a charm.
There is only one problem that remains that i'm still working on:
Would expect a child device or two to show up, one for kwh and one for w, the latter not being so important since it is shown on the parent device.

Regards
christian

Offline Netzero

• Sr. Newbie
Re: AEOTEC ZW096 Not reporting Power (Solved)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:02:33 am »
Thanks for posting your fix. This worked for me as well. I have two of these units and they now report wattage updates.

I still am not able to poll the devices without getting the 'Timed out waiting for the node to reply' message, which is odd since the variable values do get updated when they are polled. Anyone else having the poll issue or is it just me?
Vera user since 2013
Currently running VeraEdge