Author Topic: vera lite - updating software lost contact with unit  (Read 355 times)

Offline montauk1989

vera lite - updating software lost contact with unit
« on: January 22, 2017, 10:58:35 pm »
I'm tried updating the firmware remotely on my VeraLite a few times.  It's always timed out.  I tried it again today and I can't connect to the unit at all.   I know my internet is on because I can still connect to my thermostat.  It's a radio thermostat.   The unit is at my vacation home.   I'm 100 miles away so I can't just reboot it.

Is there any hope of getting this thing back up short of driving there?

I'm going to really ramp up my devices at that house and add a new system to my current home.   Should I switch to the plus or just go with another brand entirely?

Also, why are the verification letters so difficult?   Just me I suppose.
thanks

Offline SharpTJ

• Sr. Newbie
Re: vera lite - updating software lost contact with unit
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:24:59 pm »
You have any luck... I am in the same boat.

Offline Jlv

• Sr. Newbie
Re: vera lite - updating software lost contact with unit
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 05:43:27 pm »
I had the same issue and it turned out to be a main memory problem, not enough if it.  If you can get the controller back on line you may need to back up the software, reset it to default, do the update and the restore the backup.
If you can't get it up let me know and I will let you know what I did after it locked up.
Meanwhile, I don't think that running any device up against the memory limits is safe so I have purchased a Vera Plus.  I am near the end of the process of getting my devices off of the VeraLite and on to the Vera Plus but it has been very difficut.  More on that in another post.  Good luck....