Author Topic: Good thermostat with remote sensors?  (Read 3136 times)

Offline gwichman

Re: Good thermostat with remote sensors?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 09:23:45 pm »
How? My ecobee device in vera only has the usual off/auto/heat/cool settings it seems. I see no way to set home/away/sleep which was kind of the point of my post..

Offline rafale77

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 12:41:51 am »
Ohh I may have modified the app. Sorry I can't remember. Doesn't the ecobee app create a device which offers hold for at least the 3 default modes the ecobee has? It's been a while. I think I rewrote some portion of the app for my own use. I can publish if needed though I may also have posted them in the main ecobee app thread.
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 01:51:55 pm »
I use PLEG for my logic. One of the options for the device is resume program...

Offline gwichman

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 05:30:39 pm »
I use PLEG for my logic. One of the options for the device is resume program...

mind sharing how you did that with PLEG?

I suppose what would work well is if I simply had a LUA command that would put the ecobee into the "home" schedule. Then i could throw that into a scene which i could trigger through veraproximity. Since the ecobee plugin as it stands right now has no controls (at least in UI7) to manipulate the ecobee's schedule.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 11:43:51 pm »
How? My ecobee device in vera only has the usual off/auto/heat/cool settings it seems. I see no way to set home/away/sleep which was kind of the point of my post..

Do you not have a device like this created by the plugin?
127 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 256 devices, 17 apps, 128 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 10:27:16 am »
Looks a little different in UI7 but that's basically what he should have. Are you looking for specifics? If you're not familiar with PLEG, you need to get to know it at least a little. If you are familiar with PLEG, then create the triggers you need to detect the condition and away you go. :)

Offline rafale77

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 12:14:06 pm »
I don't use PLEG at all. I just made some small changes to the plugin to add the vacation mode and have scenes synchronizing the vera house mode to this ecobee housemode virtual device.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 12:49:56 pm »
That's another way to do it I suppose. I don't know enough about the plugin or Lua to attempt that....  :)

Offline gwichman

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 02:56:43 pm »

wow not even close.. it just has the generic thermostat device (UI7.. no ecobee icon like yours shows). No "ecobee state" device.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 05:21:31 pm »

wow not even close.. it just has the generic thermostat device (UI7.. no ecobee icon like yours shows). No "ecobee state" device.

That is strange. Are you using the ecobee plugin? What version? PM me if you want my modified ones. I can email it to your. The only thing to do on the ecobee side is to create a 4th mode and call it vacation...

Offline gwichman

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 12:18:25 pm »
here is what mine looks like in comparison. it looks like there is an interface to set it home or away but it's missing sleep and vacation. my controls all look more generic too.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 09:46:26 pm »
Ohh so you do have the device. Ok I did modify the device json files to adapt them to the UI7 format. I also added the additional house modes. Your sensors however are odd. I did not touch mine and they should display as standard vera devices.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »
here is what mine looks like in comparison. it looks like there is an interface to set it home or away but it's missing sleep and vacation. my controls all look more generic too.

I submitted my mods on github and watou has submitted them to mios. You can upgrade to 1.7 once it is approved or pull it from github.
I have no idea what these changes do on UI5. I didn't delete any code that I am aware of. Only concern is how my new UI7 codes affect UI5. I also made all these mods over a year ago and have just merged them into the latest version from watou so bear with me if I can't remember what I did. It is what I am running on my vera plus though.
In order for the plugin to be fully functional, you need to create a 4th mode on your ecobee named "vacation" for it to match what will be on the UI.

Offline gwichman

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 11:12:20 am »
I submitted my mods on github and watou has submitted them to mios. You can upgrade to 1.7 once it is approved or pull it from github.
I have no idea what these changes do on UI5. I didn't delete any code that I am aware of. Only concern is how my new UI7 codes affect UI5. I also made all these mods over a year ago and have just merged them into the latest version from watou so bear with me if I can't remember what I did. It is what I am running on my vera plus though.
In order for the plugin to be fully functional, you need to create a 4th mode on your ecobee named "vacation" for it to match what will be on the UI.
awesome, thank-you. I will give it a go when it's available

Offline gwichman

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 02:22:20 pm »
updated to 1.7 today. Things look better in that i have pretty icons now :D.. interesting that "sleep" and "vacation" buttons don't show up under ecobee state. not sure what to make of that.