Author Topic: Good thermostat with remote sensors?  (Read 1922 times)

Offline rafale77

Re: Good thermostat with remote sensors?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 10:12:08 pm »
Hmm this is odd. Do you have the other 2 modes setup on the ecobee?
112 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 231 devices, 17 apps, 100 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline gwichman

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:20 am »
Hmm this is odd. Do you have the other 2 modes setup on the ecobee?
ya that was it.. i hadn't added the vacation mode since i didn't see a use for it (wouldn't i just set the thermostat to away?). Anyways as soon as i added it, the button's materialized. thanks!

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 01:19:51 pm »
I submitted my mods on github and watou has submitted them to mios. You can upgrade to 1.7 once it is approved or pull it from github.
I have no idea what these changes do on UI5. I didn't delete any code that I am aware of. Only concern is how my new UI7 codes affect UI5. I also made all these mods over a year ago and have just merged them into the latest version from watou so bear with me if I can't remember what I did. It is what I am running on my vera plus though.
In order for the plugin to be fully functional, you need to create a 4th mode on your ecobee named "vacation" for it to match what will be on the UI.

Thanks for the update!  Unfortunately it has broken the ability to create a scene using the thermostat's Quick Change device.  When setting up the scene it now only allows you to set the state to Sleep or Vacation.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 01:50:55 am »

Thanks for the update!  Unfortunately it has broken the ability to create a scene using the thermostat's Quick Change device.  When setting up the scene it now only allows you to set the state to Sleep or Vacation.

This is odd. It should not affect it at all. Have you tried going into the advanced device actions and actuate from there?

ya that was it.. i hadn't added the vacation mode since i didn't see a use for it (wouldn't i just set the thermostat to away?). Anyways as soon as i added it, the button's materialized. thanks!

The device just responds to what the API is sending it. I guess it works as expected.
112 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 231 devices, 17 apps, 100 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 10:58:28 am »

This is odd. It should not affect it at all. Have you tried going into the advanced device actions and actuate from there?

The device front end shows the four options, but if I open the Control panel it only shows buttons for Sleep and Vacation.

Offline gwichman

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 11:39:20 am »
for what it's worth, i see the same behavior

Offline rafale77

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 11:56:08 am »
Yeah I can see this. I never used this page so never noticed it. It seems like my additions created these buttons which were not there before. I will look into fixing this over the weekend.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 02:03:53 am »
Please upload this file through Apps/Develop Apps/Luup Files in the UI. Download and drag this file onto the Upload area.
It will replace your current file and give you access to all 4 buttons.
As for the scene creation, The only workaround I have found so far is to go into the advanced editor of the scene and use the "SetClimateHold" function and choose from "home" "away" "sleep" and "smart1"

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 11:07:54 am »
Thanks for the quick update!  And thanks for the for the tip about using the advanced editor.  That does the trick.  The scenes I created before v1.7 installed are still working so I'm inclined not to mess with them. :)  But at least now I know how to edit them without breaking them and create new scenes.

The reason I used the Quick Changes device in my scenes instead of the thermostat device is because none of the thermostat buttons work when setting up the scene.  But using the advanced scene editor now lets me use the thermostat device in scenes as well.  Yay!

Offline rafale77

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »
I just submitted v1.8 which fixes all the issues you have brought up:

1. The scene editor can now allow all 4 modes
2. No more device control tab as all the controls will be on the main device page.
3. "sleep" mode now considered an occupied state so the icon will reflect it.
4. reordered the modes to be more logical (to me at least)

Sorry for the iterations. I never really paid attention to these graphical details.

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 02:47:33 pm »
Good stuff.  I'll check it out once it gets uploaded.  Thanks!

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 12:36:55 pm »
Thanks for v1.8.  I checked the Quick Changes device and it seems to be working for me within scenes now.  Still can't use the thermostat device in scenes, but I can do what I need to do with the Quick Changes device.

I probably shouldn't push my luck, but I have a feature request.  The eccobee3 supports different Hold modes: hold indefinitely, hold for x hours, hold until next scheduled activity.  The plugin currently does indefinite holds.  It'd be nice if the plugin supported some of the other hold modes at some point in the future.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 02:41:11 am »
You are pushing your luck... :P

I could look at it when I have time in the next few weeks but I have been swamped lately.
My suggestion is to use the "resumeprogram" in a scene to get it out of the hold mode. It is available for you in the advanced scene editor.

I could easily add a button on the device in the UI fairly easily. The hold with a timer would be a bit more involved.

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 10:31:37 am »

No problem.  I appreciate the support you have been able to provide.

Offline gwichman

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »

No problem.  I appreciate the support you have been able to provide.

I was wondering why my ecobee's were *always* on HOLD now.. lol!  I just realized this is why :\.. I never added any logic to resume the program and my assumption that the mode change would use the ecobee's default setting (which i have set to hold until next scheduled activity which wasn't being honored) was a bad assumption. doh!