Author Topic: Good thermostat with remote sensors?  (Read 3721 times)

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Good thermostat with remote sensors?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2017, 02:23:55 am »
I was wondering why my ecobee's were *always* on HOLD now.. lol!  I just realized this is why :\.. I never added any logic to resume the program and my assumption that the mode change would use the ecobee's default setting (which i have set to hold until next scheduled activity which wasn't being honored) was a bad assumption. doh!

Another alternative would be to us IFTTT (which does support the ecobee's different hold modes) instead of Vera.

Offline rafale77

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2017, 11:13:30 pm »
I've created a new version which has the thermostat device icon update according to its state (heating, cooling, idle or fan only) and added a resume schedule button to the house mode device so you can hit resume either from the UI or directly from the the scene editor without going into the advanced scene editor. I don't think it is enough changes to submit to vera and will look into adding a temporary hold function next but can't say when I will get to it.
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2017, 01:40:00 am »
I look forward to the update.  Thanks for your continued support!

Offline gwichman

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2017, 11:22:15 am »
I've created a new version which has the thermostat device icon update according to its state (heating, cooling, idle or fan only) and added a resume schedule button to the house mode device so you can hit resume either from the UI or directly from the the scene editor without going into the advanced scene editor. I don't think it is enough changes to submit to vera and will look into adding a temporary hold function next but can't say when I will get to it.
Awesome! Is it possible to have the hold respect whatever the user configures the default setting to be on the ecobee?

Offline rafale77

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2017, 12:46:33 pm »
Awesome! Is it possible to have the hold respect whatever the user configures the default setting to be on the ecobee?

Yes that would be relatively easy to add a preset hold as an alternative to the infinite hold. Might be the first thing I will do.
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2017, 01:07:42 pm »
The plugin now has a mode button for home, away, night, and vacation but it doesn't seem to stay in sync with the thermostat. Is it supposed to do so or is that something I have to keep up with?

Offline rafale77

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2017, 01:30:50 pm »
It is supposed to stay in sync. It polls status from the ecobee API.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2017, 01:51:41 pm »
I'll keep an eye on it. It hasn't seemed to be in sync...

Offline gwichman

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2017, 04:57:20 pm »
I'll keep an eye on it. It hasn't seemed to be in sync...
works fine for me when i've played with it. its not instantaneous but either side does seem to sync up. when i change it on the vera, the ecobee changes 5-10 seconds later. When i change it on the ecobee, the vera takes about 1.5-2 minutes but also changes. I assume its due to some polling frequency.

Offline gwichman

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2017, 04:58:16 pm »

Yes that would be relatively easy to add a preset hold as an alternative to the infinite hold. Might be the first thing I will do.
This would solve my primary use case perfectly