Author Topic: Help with Thermostate and Power Consumption logic  (Read 280 times)

Offline blahblahblah

Help with Thermostate and Power Consumption logic
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:26:41 am »
Hello forum champs!

I am new to trying to some of the advanced logic with my Vera Plus and am failing spectacularly.

I am looking for guidance.
My goal, is to create a scene/luup code that looks at the PV production of my solar array (already have the solar edge plugin working and can read the value of that variable). If my PV production is over 3Kwh I would like my nest thermostats to be set to cool 4? cooler than the predicted high temp for the day (I live in Phoenix).   BUT - i don't want the ac temp to ever be HIGHER than 78?.

So if it is 74? for the high outside, when my PV is over 3 kWH of production, my nest thermostats should be set to 70?. If my pv production drops, put the thermostats back to whatever they were before (usually 78?)

If the outside high temp for the day is predicted to be 98? - set the thermostat to 78?.

Does this make sense?

If someone is willing to spend their time helping, i am happy to donate as a sign of appreciation. I totally understand the time investment in helping a newbie like me :)

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Help with Thermostate and Power Consumption logic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 06:22:09 pm »
I suggest giving PLEG a look unless you already know your away around LUA.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.