Author Topic: Lyric Thermostat and UI7 Version 7.0.19  (Read 409 times)

Offline jorakal

Lyric Thermostat and UI7 Version 7.0.19
« on: February 09, 2017, 05:15:46 pm »
I've searched and browsed for this, but don't see any information about how it's going with the Lyric thermostat since UI7 Version 7.0.19. I had my Veralite in storage for the last few months while I built and moved to a new house. I got it fired up again, and am looking to get a thermostat soon. I see the Lyric listed on the add devices screen, but would like to know if anyone has experience using it since it's officially integrated? I'd like to get this one, but can also go with a z-wave thermostat again.

Thanks

Offline jorakal

Re: Lyric Thermostat and UI7 Version 7.0.19
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:42:00 pm »
Also I noticed the Add Device list shows the Lyric Round thermostat. Does this mean it doesn't work with the square Lyric T5? I was thinking they used the same Lyric software?

Offline Marc Shenker

• Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
  • Administrator
    • http://www.getvera.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:12:27 pm »
jorakal, I actually have one connected to one of my controllers. It works fine, it isn't on my main house controller yet because there was an issue in 7.0.19 with a motion sensor that I use in my home, so I haven't fully integrated it yet. I have the round one. I would say that it is OK. I get some notifications from its app that wouldn't come through Vera, like low humidity levels. I can also make quick temperature changes through the Apple Watch which is great.

We worked very closely with Honeywell on the integration, it should work for any of the Lyric family thermostats. TCC thermostats are a different integration protocol and they do not work with the Lyric protocol.
Marc Shenker ▾ Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control ▾ www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272 x814

Offline jorakal

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:20:44 pm »
Update: I bought a Lyric T5. Everything is working correctly with my Vera Lite.  :)

Offline SLC-Josh

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:57 am »
Are you able to see the humidity level in Vera yet? I am also wondering if you are able to control the thermostat with sensors or scenes like zwave thermostats? I am looking for this features mostly and am thinking of the T5 but would like to confirm I can do this before I proceed.

Offline kendad

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 11:40:35 pm »
We worked very closely with Honeywell on the integration, it should work for any of the Lyric family thermostats. TCC thermostats are a different integration protocol and they do not work with the Lyric protocol.
Marc, are you also working with Honeywell to incorporate their Lyric Water Leak and Freeze Detector? I do not find that listed anywhere.  I believe it uses the same login site so seems like a simple expansion of Honeywell device setup.

Offline Bgw70

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 09:21:39 am »
I too would like to know if the Vera Plus will communicate with the Honeywell Lyric Leak detector.