Author Topic: HELP! Failed to save System Configuration  (Read 306 times)

Offline P-a

• Sr. Newbie
HELP! Failed to save System Configuration
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:49 am »
HELP!!!

Trying to add some Lua under Scenes for a trigger....

Code works in Test LUA.

However, the Lua code is not saved.... and I frequently get "Failed to save System Configuration"

Offline reneboer

Re: HELP! Failed to save System Configuration
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:14:36 am »
Hi,

Normally this should work with the latest firmware version 7.19, although there are situations it may fail. Try to reload the LUUP engine and refresh your browser and try again.

Or is you are brave you in stall the 7.20 beta as that should have the final fix.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline P-a

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 07:18:11 am »
Hi Rene,

INCREDIBLE grateful for your response. Tried to read on the forum but did not find an absolute answer.

I am running "version1.7.2414" on a Vera Plus.

Ran the "luup.reload()" command in Test Luup, did not work. Pulled the powercord to the Vera Box, did not work.

What am I missing? I have several scenes with LUA code, all are working fine. I can create new scenes but as soon as I put code in the LUA field, problem occurs. I don't even have to click Save LUA....

Please advice if possible....

Offline reneboer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:27:27 pm »
Hi,

What worked for me last time is see if there is a scene that still has its code in plain LUA instead of encoded.

You pull the full device data http://[your vera ip]/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml

The search for lua=. If it is readable, then go in the scenes lua, add a dummy line, hit safe LUA then save the scene. Before moving to the next make sure te unit is fully up and running. Like with many things you should not rush your Vera.

Also check any start up code you may have.

Success, if this does not help you will have to reach out to support.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.