Author Topic: Honewell Z-wave thermostat go up by 1 degree  (Read 203 times)

Offline jeff3lo

Honewell Z-wave thermostat go up by 1 degree
« on: February 16, 2017, 02:28:59 pm »
I have a couple Honeywell Z-wave Thermostat and it generally works with my VeraPlus and its mobile app.

The little "issue" I have is:  when setting temperature, the thermostat goes up and down by 1 degree, while the Vera web UI and the mobile app allow going up by 0.5 degrees.  So what happens is whenever I set from, say 70 -> 70.5, the mobile app can get confused so sometimes I have to click it twice "real fast" hoping that it will hop from 70 -> 71 right away...

Anyone having similar issue and any recommendations?  I was thinking either:

1.  Configure the honeywell thermostat to be able to go up and down by 0.5.
2.  Configure VeraPlus honeywell device to go up and down by 1 when clicking on the toggle.

Thanks!

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Honewell Z-wave thermostat go up by 1 degree
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:02:03 pm »
I use VeraMate and it allows you to scroll to the target temperature and it sends the new target to the thermostat.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT30 thermostat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, Vision door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, System Mon.

Offline nutshellml

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:31:40 pm »
I have a couple Honeywell Z-wave Thermostat and it generally works with my VeraPlus and its mobile app.

The little "issue" I have is:  when setting temperature, the thermostat goes up and down by 1 degree, while the Vera web UI and the mobile app allow going up by 0.5 degrees.  So what happens is whenever I set from, say 70 -> 70.5, the mobile app can get confused so sometimes I have to click it twice "real fast" hoping that it will hop from 70 -> 71 right away...

Anyone having similar issue and any recommendations?  I was thinking either:

1.  Configure the honeywell thermostat to be able to go up and down by 0.5.
2.  Configure VeraPlus honeywell device to go up and down by 1 when clicking on the toggle.

Thanks!
Same exact problem it's real funky when trying to set it via the Vera app. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JohnRob

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:03:57 pm »
I use Imperihome on my androids and they step in 1? increments.

Interestingly, I have a Veraplus with the current UI7 firmware.  The device will step in 1/2 ? increments, but if i change from 69.0 to 69.5  the thermostat goes from 69 to 70 and a few minutes later the UI changes to 70.0.   So at least in my setup, nothing gets confused, except perhaps me :)

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:03:30 pm »
@JohnRob:  Haha, in my case, I did wonder if it's a "user error" (aka me).  But Apple has spoiled us with this thing called UX right...  If user is confused, it's always the app's usability issue...  ;D

Kidding aside, I'm hoping the Thermostat device can "automagically" detect if the actual thermostat device can support going up by 1 degree (like Honeywell) or by 0.5 degree (like Nest) and then adjust the increment interval accordingly.

Alternatively, if there is a variable exposed in the setting that we can set / overwrite the increment interval, that will work for me as well.