Author Topic: Scene execution speed  (Read 552 times)

Offline Sasq

Scene execution speed
« on: February 17, 2017, 07:23:43 pm »
Hello all,

I have recently installed a vera edge with a set of Fibaro dimmer 2 modules. I have created scenes to set 7 dimmer 2`s to various levels.

How long would you expect the scenes to run?

I was expecting a couple of seconds, but its a lot slower - 20 to 40 seconds. You can watch each dimmer change sequentially with a delay between each one.
Is this expected, or do you think there is something wrong?

A bit more information about the setup. As i was rewiring, all the wires from each lighting circuit come to a central location in the garage. All the dimmer modules are mounted on a plywood sheet in a 3 x 3 matrix with about 5 cm between each module. The vera Edge is about 3 meters away thru a thin plasterboard wall.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve.

Offline Marc Shenker

• Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
  • Administrator
    • http://www.getvera.com
Re: Scene execution speed
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:01:08 am »
That close together you should have no issues. The only time I have had similar issues is when I had other 900 devices running in my home.

The other things that could cause issues are if they are in metal boxes, surrounded by metal, mirrors or anything else that contains lead.

If the issue persists you could contact our Customer Care Team. support@getvera.com.
Marc Shenker ▾ Sr. Manager of Community Relations and Development
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control ▾ www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272 x814

Offline Sasq

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:28 pm »
Thanks Marc

There is nothing like that - unless there is something strange in the wall - but then i would have thought that would be more obvious.

I have had a support request open with the customer care team for about 7 weeks now trying to get to the bottom of it, but we dont seem to be getting anywhere.

I wanted to reach out to the community to see if they had any ideas and to ensure that my expectations - that the scene run in seconds - was correct

Thanks
Steve

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 08:24:51 am »
How fast do the dimmers ramp up and down? Vera sends Z-Wave commands serially. When running the scene , Vera will send a command to the first dimmer and then wait(there can be time outs and retries here) for the acknowledgment that the command completed successfully. After the acknowledgment, Vera will send the command to the next dimmer and so on.

If you have a lengthy ramp rate where the dimmer takes a long time to reach its set point and send the acknowledgment back to Vera, then there could be a long time for the scene to execute.

If you look at the log file or while the scene is executing, you should see exactly what's happening.

http://VeraIPAddr/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Offline markoe

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:26:56 am »
I notice something Similar when having multible  Scenes or not using lua. After moving the power on/off to lua code IT at least feel that It is now quicker.

Offline Sasq

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 11:53:41 am »
Thanks Z-Waver, Markeo

The log shows its taking a very long time to get some of the scene executed.
I was hoping all the commands were executed in parallel but it does seem its sequential.
I will try a lau script and see if that helps.

Thanks
Steve