Author Topic: Geofencing  (Read 1732 times)

Offline ember1205

Re: Geofencing
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »
I  do not see how you can create the necessary triggers in the UI.
I am able to create as many geofences as I want within a 3km radius but any attempt to increase the radius beyond this (3km) the App defaults back to 3km.

As far as the extra geofences created, can you show me where I find them or set them up in the UI?
in addition to 100MHome, I need one named 3kmTrigger. .

As I cannot find any reference to adding extra geofences in either the UI or PLEG (not to be confused with the APP) could you please help me with an example of how you did this.

Anything that uses a geofence as a trigger MUST be configured in the mobile app. You CAN NOT configure any of this in the web UI. See the post I made above using scenes triggered by fences to make changes to virtual switches which CAN be acted upon by additional pieces in the UI.

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to do with fences MUST be set up in the app.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 08:12:22 pm »
Nup, still can't find it in the App. Worse still is that I cannot open PLEG or a MUlti-Switch in the App to see if the fences are selectable.
Thanks for your help anyway.

I'm beaten, Guess I'll move on.
Honorable Member of the outrageous & epic smite thread. Smite me, I dare you.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 08:15:39 pm »
Settings -> Geofencing

"+" to add a new fence area

Offline zedrally

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 08:53:10 pm »
I have done all of that and have the fences setup. I just can't find them as a trigger.
PLEG or Multi-Switch do not open or be editable in the APP, so I am unable to search within those devices to see if the triggers are there.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 08:55:37 pm »
On the mobile device, create a scene (Menu -> Scenes -> "+")

Add a trigger and choose "Location". Select the geofence. Choose "Enter" or "Exit" as appropriate...

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 09:01:57 pm »
I set up a geofence in the Vera app, but I do not see it in UI7. At least not as a device when creating a scene.  I also checked PLEG and it does not appear as a trigger or a device property - just the typical list of devices.

It does not appear you can use a Geofence as a trigger outside of the Vera app.  Even a scene I created only shows up on the Vera app, not UI7. However, it is a clue if there is a scene in the Vera app.  Perhaps it can be found and manipulated in UI7, which means PLEG can use it somehow.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:11:09 pm by Don Phillips »
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT30 thermostat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, Vision door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, System Mon.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 09:12:06 pm »
Yes, and then I select either PLEG or Multi-Switch which takes me to the next screen and there it ends.

It works if I select a light, but I'm not able to find any way of controlling PLEG or a Multi-Switch, I guess a possible work around could be to use the Input triggers of a double rely or such. Close...yet so far.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2017, 09:22:02 pm »
It appears to work with a virtual switch. Perhaps 2 virtual switches can be programmed in PLEG to look like a multi-switch? That's all I got (my brain hurts now  :-\)
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT30 thermostat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, Vision door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, System Mon.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2017, 09:37:09 pm »
Unable to reproduce in Virtual Switch.

I have a feeling that the problem is that Scenes are not global, not sure if that is a design fault or deliberate omission.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:40:21 pm by zedrally »

Offline ember1205

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2017, 09:57:08 pm »
Scenes are available "everywhere" so long as the components are available on the platform you're working with. In other words, scenes created on a mobile device the leverage geofencing will not appear in the web UI.

On the phone...

- Create a geofence
- Create a scene that uses the fence and enables a virtual switch

In your Web UI...

- Create a scene that is triggered by the virual switch being turned on

or

Set up multiple scenes on the mobile device where each turns on a virtual switch as you exit or enter different fences. Then, on the Web UI set up PLEG to take action once "all" of the virtual switches are on.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:18 pm »
Which Virtual device are you using as none of the ones I tried are available for use as you suggest.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 10:00:24 pm »
Install the Virtual ON/OFF Switches plug in. Create virtual switches as devices.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 10:02:06 pm »
I have, you can't select the ON/OFF from within the scene. Same thing happens with PLEG.

Offline ember1205

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:02 pm »
Works fine on my iOS app with UI7 on the controller.

Offline zedrally

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:51 pm »
Obviously will not work on Android.