Author Topic: Geofencing  (Read 3698 times)

Offline ember1205

Re: Geofencing
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2017, 10:04:25 pm »
Time for a new phone?   lol

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2017, 10:09:52 pm »
Time for MIOS to get Vera working properly...
Thanks for your time, nearly wasted a day over this, I wouldn't have thought that the Phone UI would have not been so different between Ios & Android.
Obviously it is, otherwise I would have picked up on your solution earlier and realised that what I proposed was not possible with a Samsung.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline CPrdam

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 02:49:19 am »
I have a problem that i have two fences and only the one works. And the only fence that works is where my home button is selected.
The other fence does not work. Do i forget something? Both phones are iphones 5 and 6 series.
Slowly getting tired of this problem.

Offline packman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 07:01:14 pm »
Geofencing seems to take a bit to notify Vera if your phone is not connected to your local WiFi as it has to go via Vera's servers. When I leave it takes a minute or so for the notification to pop up on my watch. When I arrive sometimes it pops up just before I pull into the garage and sometimes it takes up to a minute longer.  But rarely more than that.

My Geofencing was working well until recently. Now it won't switch to House mode unless I'm actually in the house and even then it may take a few minutes. Changing the radius has no effect. I have location on my phone set to Wifi and GPS with Wifi always on. I wonder if any of the recent updates have anything to do with it?

Does anyone know how frequently the Vera app checks for the location when Geofencing is turned on?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 08:01:37 pm »
Geofencing seems to take a bit to notify Vera if your phone is not connected to your local WiFi as it has to go via Vera's servers. When I leave it takes a minute or so for the notification to pop up on my watch. When I arrive sometimes it pops up just before I pull into the garage and sometimes it takes up to a minute longer.  But rarely more than that.

My Geofencing was working well until recently. Now it won't switch to House mode unless I'm actually in the house and even then it may take a few minutes. Changing the radius has no effect. I have location on my phone set to Wifi and GPS with Wifi always on. I wonder if any of the recent updates have anything to do with it?

Does anyone know how frequently the Vera app checks for the location when Geofencing is turned on?

I had this same issue.  We believe (we as in me and tech support) that my Concord 4 app was taking up a lot of Vera's time preventing proper notification of a geo fence entry or exit. 

Vera techs did something which seemed to settle everything down.  I did remove the "device" for the concord 4 panel.  Gave it a few days and re-installed from a backup.  Problem solved.  I could never get a straight answer on what exactly if anything the Tech's did on their end.  I do know my geofence is fixed.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Online zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2017, 06:10:21 pm »
I contacted CS about the problem with Android fences (or lack of them).

Their response was that they are aware of it, the Geo FW is a beta and they will get onto it soon.

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline dresnik

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2017, 04:52:16 pm »
How do you set up different geofence scenarios for different users? I would like to set up something like this
User 1 arrives, garage door opens
user 2 arrives, front door unlocks

I'm not sure how to tie a particular user to a particular set of events independent of other users settings.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:06 pm »
This will have to be done individually from the two phones.

This means you have to have to mobile devices with two distinct Vera account. A geofence set as home on both apps, then Create a geofence trigger scene on each phone.

Hope this helps.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline ember1205

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »

This means you have to have to mobile devices with two distinct Vera account. A geofence set as home on both apps, then Create a geofence trigger scene on each phone.

Hope this helps.

Would using the same account on two phones cause issues with getting the scenes to trigger if the phones are carried "together"? I have a phone for work and one for personal use, both with Vera and the same credentials. I get sporadic results from a geofence-based scene I have set up and I'm wondering if it has to do with the syncing of this data across both devices.

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2017, 07:53:42 pm »

Hope this helps.

Would using the same account on two phones cause issues with getting the scenes to trigger if the phones are carried "together"? I have a phone for work and one for personal use, both with Vera and the same credentials. I get sporadic results from a geofence-based scene I have set up and I'm wondering if it has to do with the syncing of this data across both devices.

According to Vera, you should NOT have two or more mobile devices on the same account with the Geofence enabled on both.
http://www.007systems.com/blog--how-tos/vera-ui7-geofence-setup

Offline dresnik

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2017, 11:33:20 pm »
Hope this helps.

I get that you have the app and an account for each device but it looks like all users get the same scenes. I'm trying to get a different set of geofence triggered scenes for each user. For example, some users presence should trigger the garage door and others the front door. As I get more devices I'll eventually also need to have some events triggered whenever certain users leave and other events triggered when only the last user has left

Offline ember1205

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2017, 12:31:27 am »
Hope this helps.

I get that you have the app and an account for each device but it looks like all users get the same scenes. I'm trying to get a different set of geofence triggered scenes for each user. For example, some users presence should trigger the garage door and others the front door. As I get more devices I'll eventually also need to have some events triggered whenever certain users leave and other events triggered when only the last user has left

Scenes are shared. Period.

Geofences (and what they trigger) are unique to the account on the mobile devices. I created a second account tonight and logged in to that account on my second phone. Previously, the geofence area that I created on my first phone was "sync'ed" to the second phone when it was using the same ID. After changing the ID, I no longer see the fenced area automatically.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2017, 06:37:15 pm »
I never had success with Geofencing and have been using iPhone Locator for a number of years. I setup 2 devices, one for each phone, which pings each phone's iCloud account. The plug-in allows you to set the polling dynamically, so as you get closer to home, it pings the phone more often to balance battery use against accuracy.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.