Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Version 7.0.20 (1.7.919/1.7.2607/1.7.2608) ▾ February 21, 2017  (Read 5601 times)

Offline atlantauser

My VeraEdge is basically dead. UI is unresponsive. SSH is sluggish. dmesg shows a bunch of filesystem errors (see below). Also it appears to reboot every few minutes.  Is there a way to take a zwave network backup from the command line?

[   19.140000] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for Keyspan 4 port adapter
[   19.180000] usbcore: registered new interface driver mct_u232
[   19.200000] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for MCT U232
[   19.210000] ctnetlink v0.93: registering with nfnetlink.
[   19.230000] usbcore: registered new interface driver pl2303
[   19.240000] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for pl2303
[   19.260000] PPP generic driver version 2.4.2
[   19.270000] NET: Registered protocol family 24
[   19.290000] sierra: Unknown symbol __dynamic_dev_dbg (err 0)
[   19.310000] usbcore: registered new interface driver option
[   19.320000] usbserial: USB Serial support registered for GSM modem (1-port)
[   19.360000] sierra: Unknown symbol __dynamic_dev_dbg (err 0)
[   19.370000] sierra: Unknown symbol __dynamic_dev_dbg (err 0)
[   21.670000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '01_leds'
[   21.710000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '02_network'
[   21.750000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '09_fix-seama-header'
[   21.800000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '10_migrate-shadow'
[   21.880000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '11_migrate-sysctl'
[   21.910000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '12_network-generate-ula'
[   22.250000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '15_defaultpwd'
[   22.280000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout '30_uboot-envtools'
[   23.740000] jffs2: notice: (1558) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem, 0 of xdatum (0 unchecked, 0 orphan) and 0 of xref (0 dead, 0 orphan) found.
[   25.950000] EXT4-fs (sda1): mounting ext3 file system using the ext4 subsystem
[   25.970000] EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: errors=continue,data=ordered
[   31.170000] device eth0.1 entered promiscuous mode
[   31.180000] device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
[   31.190000] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered forwarding state
[   31.200000] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered forwarding state
[   33.200000] br-lan: port 1(eth0.1) entered forwarding state
[   86.290000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout 'firewall.user'
[  133.360000] overlayfs: ERROR - failed to whiteout 'firewall.user'

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

I wanted to let everyone know that I did the firmware update today and the process went without a hick up. I've seen no problems, no dropped devices, apps, etc.

So for my small system it worked fine.

Offline wadesready

Sadly, this new firmware appears to be a lot less stable than the patched up 7.0.19 I had.
1. I have observed a self vera reboot I have not seen for months
2. Luup reload also more frequent causing the ecobee to lose its token frequently.
3. at 2am I am getting a false alarm from one of my door sensors. I am certain the door sensor is not tripping. Somehow it flickers during the nightly heal and sound the sirens.
4. WAPIRZ1 partially fixed. Still dealing with a ghost temperature sensor device.

Will be opening a ticket...

It's not just you...I could almost write the same exact list  The beta was more stable than the official released version.  2am wake up calls to the sound of a siren SUCK

Offline rafale77

Well, at least support fixed the wapirz1 ghost temperature sensor and told me it isn't completely fixed by the firmware.
So one down three to go. I am asked to provide verbose logs the next time it happens.
I now have observed 3 different sensors triggering during the nightly heal... ohh joy.
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline treetop777

I wanted to let everyone know that I did the firmware update today and the process went without a hick up. I've seen no problems, no dropped devices, apps, etc.

So for my small system it worked fine.

+1

No problems with upgrade.  I only have about 19 devices, 4 plugins, and a few scenes; no LUA or PLEG coding (yet!)

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
My unit was running fairly well until, today. Lost contact with Vera on my phone. Logged in via Teamviewer and Vera is down. At lunch I noticed the wi-fi light was off. Reboot, same result. Rebooted again, same result.

Did a hard reset, attempted to connect using a cable on the router but ran out of time trying to get wi-fi working. In fact, scanning for networks did not show my router, but lots of neighbors. Manually setting the SSID did not seem to work.

When I came home, I reboot the router thinking maybe that was the issue. Completed the reset, restored from back-up, back in business.

I did notice last night my desktop computer was very sluggish using remote desktop on my tablet. Even rebooting the desktop had no effect. Perhaps my router was overdue for a reboot. Probably was last December.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline rafale77

Sadly, this new firmware appears to be a lot less stable than the patched up 7.0.19 I had.
2. Luup reload also more frequent causing the ecobee to lose its token frequently.
3. at 2am I am getting a false alarm from one of my door sensors. I am certain the door sensor is not tripping. Somehow it flickers during the nightly heal and sound the sirens.
4. WAPIRZ1 partially fixed. Still dealing with a ghost temperature sensor device.

It's not just you...I could almost write the same exact list  The beta was more stable than the official released version.  2am wake up calls to the sound of a siren SUCK

Hadn't happened in almost a week and sure enough I get one on the weekend... I am typing this with pouches under my eyes...
Looked into the logs this morning and saw that the flicker occurs almost right after the device is polled and the device was tripped for about 3 seconds before being untripped. While it is tripped, the vera polls it at very high frequency. One thing I noticed is that the 3-4 devices which have gotten false alarms (3 door sensors and one motion sensor) are among the closest to the vera.
Since the vera only sends the "heal" command to the zwave chip, I suspect it is a problem with my zwave network or the network firmware.

Other annoying problem to report here is that I have gone from annoying unexplained luup reloads to now wanting to manually reload it on a regular basis. It seems to crash the ecobee plugin after a while if not reloaded causing the plugin to disconnect from the API and prevents re-establishing the token.

I am regretting having upgraded...
Openluup (18 devices, 58 scenes, 11 apps) and iobroker controlling VeraPlus with 116 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 7 apps, 244 vera devices, 79 scenes; VeraEdge (0 node, 26 devices, 6 App, 0 scene); Bridged to Homekit and Alexa.

Offline markoe

Thank you vera 1.7.2608 has proven to be a stable version for my vera plus   8) .

All the best for future versions and new feature development. I feel that there is now a good solid base to move forward.

Offline Mai Pensato

Thank you vera 1.7.2608 has proven to be a stable version for my vera plus   8) .

All the best for future versions and new feature development. I feel that there is now a good solid base to move forward.

I agree, also stable here on a Vera Plus and Vera Edge

Offline jlind

I have to give it to Vera.  I upgraded my VeraPlus yesterday morning and, knock on wood, no issues so far.  I run a LOT of devices, so hopefully it's a good sign.  Who knows, if they have another 5-6 initially stable releases then maybe I won't have to wait a month to upgrade...
VeraLite/VeraPlus with UI7, Multiple GE switches, GE Outlets, Aeon Smart Switches, Minimote, GE Portable outlets  Apps: (Pentair Autelis Plugin, Weather Underground, Honeywell WiFi Thermo, System Monitor, AlternateUI)

Offline kigmatzomat

So are people happy with 1.7.2608? No weird luup character issues? No network resets? Lights turning on at 2 am?

Offline Zoro

So are people happy with 1.7.2608? No weird luup character issues? No network resets? Lights turning on at 2 am?

@kigmatzomat

Not really happy with the current release but it fixes some problems and add to others.

The good news:

Amazon Echo Integration is much better

The problem "can't detect device is better"

Pairing (and unpairing) seems to be better without the 60 minute timer

The bad news:

Notifications that I have set up for numerous devices can't be displayed or managed (they just keep getting sent)

10 times a day my Vera Plus crashes

Devices that have been paired and working disappear from the UI

Still a long way to go for UI7

Z

Offline Wekurtz74

@kigmatzomat

Not really happy with the current release but it fixes some problems and add to others.

The good news:

Amazon Echo Integration is much better

The problem "can't detect device is better"

Pairing (and unpairing) seems to be better without the 60 minute timer

The bad news:

Notifications that I have set up for numerous devices can't be displayed or managed (they just keep getting sent)

10 times a day my Vera Plus crashes

Devices that have been paired and working disappear from the UI

Still a long way to go for UI7

Z
Well,it looks like I won't be upgrading to this...ouch.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline rafale77

Hadn't happened in almost a week and sure enough I get one on the weekend... I am typing this with pouches under my eyes...
Looked into the logs this morning and saw that the flicker occurs almost right after the device is polled and the device was tripped for about 3 seconds before being untripped. While it is tripped, the vera polls it at very high frequency. One thing I noticed is that the 3-4 devices which have gotten false alarms (3 door sensors and one motion sensor) are among the closest to the vera.
Since the vera only sends the "heal" command to the zwave chip, I suspect it is a problem with my zwave network or the network firmware.

Other annoying problem to report here is that I have gone from annoying unexplained luup reloads to now wanting to manually reload it on a regular basis. It seems to crash the ecobee plugin after a while if not reloaded causing the plugin to disconnect from the API and prevents re-establishing the token.

I am regretting having upgraded...

Well it took the time but now all the nightly heal induced alarms are gone, the vera reboot have been gone for over a month and most amazingly the luup reloads have stopped for over 4 days. My ecobee used to disconnect after 36 hours without a luup reload and that is gone too.