Author Topic: Dahua SD22204-GN-W with Vera...  (Read 94 times)

Offline rlmalisz

Dahua SD22204-GN-W with Vera...
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:11:01 pm »
I've been looking for a decent outdoor wifi PTZ for some time.  I got one of the Foscam wifi PT(no-Z), and found it to be borderline useless, due to freeze-ups and network drops.  So that got returned.  Looked at the outdoor wifi Dahua that is sold in the US, but that's "fixed".  They list pan and tilt angles, but you have to take the dome off and set them where you want them.  Not what we were hoping for.

Found the camera listed in the subject on DHGate (and you can find the same thing, unbranded, elsewhere).  Ordered one, which got from HKG to my door in two days.  Opened up the DHL packaging, and found that they had sent me *two* units and two power supplies.  The price for one seemed pretty steep, so this may have just been a website description error...maybe what I paid for was a pair.  Dunno.

Got the camera onto the network and functioning.  Proceeded to rewrite I_FoscamPTZ.xml as I_DahuaPTZ.xml.  Added the camera as a Foscam PTZ, then switched the I-file in the advanced settings (UI5) and proceeded to debug and fix.

It's done.  The first camera will go out into the greenhouse first good dry day we get.  I ripped out all of the Foscam-specific child-motion-sensor stuff...may try to add it back for the Dahua in the future, but not now.   For now, I've got PTZ (Z is 4x optical, 16x digital), presets, which is all I was hoping for.  Their web GUI for the camera is quite good, but I was hoping for Vera integration so I could do stuff from mobile devices via invetr's excellent HomeWave app without having to fire up the VPN.  We're there.

I am sure this has nowhere near the spit and polish MCV would require to add it to their marketplace as a plugin....if nothing else, the frankenstein install (It's a FOSCAM!  No wait, I lied!!) needs work.  If someone else wants the code, I can post it here, if that's allowed, or send it via private message.

--Richard

PS: not sure how consistent Dahua is about their HTTP commands for different models, but I found commands for a completely different beast and managed to make them work, so this may be generally useful.  No promises.

Offline rlmalisz

Re: Dahua SD22204-GN-W with Vera...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:18:18 pm »
BTW: nothing is perfect.  This camera does not have built-in IR lighting.  For our usage, we can work around that, but might surprise/disappoint some folks.

--Richard