Author Topic: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update (official newsletter)  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Chrysalis42

Re: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update (official newsletter)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 11:02:22 am »
Important:

(1) Please note that if your Amazon account is set to US, you might need to use the US invite link, not the UK one. We've had some beta users that are in UK that got assigned to US skill instead of UK skill. So please try both if one does not work.

I think I'm one as I have to use the US link but am in the UK, can it be fixed?

Also in both versions ECHO gets my Hue lights even thou I have said not to share them?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 02:02:01 pm »
Multiple problems...

1.   I verified I'm still on the Vera Skill beta... I log into http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#smart-home and search for Vera, nothing comes up. I had it installed before but not on the Alexa site, Vera Skill does not exist.

2.   Alexa Helper is installed on my VeraPlus but the plugin will not add devices, see attached screenshot

Offline jeff3lo

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »
Hi, is there a master / updated list of Alexa voice commands that Vera supports?

In my case, I have 2 thermostats, and wondering how to turn the heat / cool on/off on specific one.

Also, besides the typical light on / off / dim, I'm curious if there are other cool Alexa commands that I am not aware off, so a master list will definitely help.

Thanks.

Offline mvader

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 03:04:59 pm »
Multiple problems...

1.   I verified I'm still on the Vera Skill beta... I log into http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#smart-home and search for Vera, nothing comes up. I had it installed before but not on the Alexa site, Vera Skill does not exist.

2.   Alexa Helper is installed on my VeraPlus but the plugin will not add devices, see attached screenshot

if you don't get #2 to work then #1 wont work.
you have to get success there and then once you submit, it will tell you that it connected to alexa and was a success & to go to that console.. once  you get to the smart home page in alexa you will see the vera skill has automatically been installed. and then you can run a discover.

Offline finout

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 03:24:09 pm »
I directly clicked on the link from this thread and am getting exactly that error.

Hi guys,

We noticed that some people are still using the old newsletter invitation link that's why you get the error

{"message":null}

Make sure you use the newsletter sent yesterday, or the links in the head of this thread.

"click here to enable skill" is not present in the yesterday's newsletter. Now you have dedicated links from UK and US. You must use the appropriate one.

Offline mtruppi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 03:25:49 pm »
yeah it's broken.  I used the skill not more than an hour ago, now the skill is gone from Alexa and I cannot get it to populate the beta skill.  They have something going on.

(and yes I did click on the newsletter link as well)
Vera Plus bridged to Vera 3 over 10G house/building.  Schlage FE599s, Motion sensors, switches, micro dimmers, garage/door/window sensors, Nest, Dakota Murs driveway/mailbox triggers, 14 HIK Cameras, Ted, Alexa Echo/dots, geolocation, ping sensors, VeraMate

Offline finout

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 03:32:35 pm »
Also, people using the old link from the old email were probably doing so out of desperation, like I did: the links in this thread aren't working either so they tried the old links.

Hi guys,

We noticed that some people are still using the old newsletter invitation link that's why you get the error

{"message":null}

Make sure you use the newsletter sent yesterday, or the links in the head of this thread.

"click here to enable skill" is not present in the yesterday's newsletter. Now you have dedicated links from UK and US. You must use the appropriate one.

Offline mtruppi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 03:36:13 pm »
Mine was working, I did not change or do anything so it has to be something on their end.

I was using Martin's for quite some time with no disruptions and now that Vera picked it up, failure.  It's not the end of the world but it was part of my daily routine now.
Vera Plus bridged to Vera 3 over 10G house/building.  Schlage FE599s, Motion sensors, switches, micro dimmers, garage/door/window sensors, Nest, Dakota Murs driveway/mailbox triggers, 14 HIK Cameras, Ted, Alexa Echo/dots, geolocation, ping sensors, VeraMate

Offline anthonyris

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »
Confirmed {"message":null} now received after having good, working implementation. All vera devices in Alexa skill are marked as "offline".

I suppose MCV is working on something.

Beta!
.//A.
Vera3x2, Leviton, GE dimmers, relays and lamp modules, Sonos, Nests...

Offline JoeTomasone

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 04:01:15 pm »
Half of my devices can no longer be found, despite re-doing the discovery process multiple times (all are found), reinstalling the Vera app, re-connecting the account, etc...   Some work, some are "unrecognized devices", no rhyme or reason to it.   

Offline Zoro

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2017, 05:38:29 pm »
Confirmed {"message":null} now received after having good, working implementation. All vera devices in Alexa skill are marked as "offline".

Beta!
.//A.

Hi-

Same problem for me..

It used to work now all I get is {"message":null}

Z

Offline Aaron

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2017, 05:43:18 pm »

Beta!
.//A.

Vera unnistalled the Alexa Helper, all on its own... classic vera!

Then I clicked the USA link I get this error not... where I was NOT getting this error prior -- though I was having other issue preventing it from working.

Par for the course - Vera's an executive 9 hole where every hole is in the middle of a sand trap and the tee box is under water; really, not a joke pretty much a literal equivalent

Offline jdrinnyc

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »
I have a variation of the same null problem. The first time the newsletter linked worked but despite checking multiple zwave devices, only my Hue devices were discovered. Waited a couple of hours hoping for a positive change but instead the skill is no longer on my alexa app even though earlier today I had removed as instructed and then successfully re-installed. Trying a third time is impossible because the correct link gets me to a null page. A note about what's going on would be hopeful.

Offline Alexs

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 05:56:45 pm »
using yesterday's email. still getting null.

:(

Offline ilikelife

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 06:09:18 pm »
Add me to the list getting {"message":null}

Tried with both yesterday's email and the link at the start of this thread.

Any suggestions or updates?