Author Topic: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update (official newsletter)  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update (official newsletter)
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 09:06:18 pm »
That's fun... Cuz you are correct. But you should clarify... EVERYTHING Vera does is Beta... Or even Alpha in many cases

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Offline Spudz72

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »
Add me to the list.  Latest skill was installed.  Worked yesterday.  Not today and when checking the skill is gone my my veralite as well.

Offline becky

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 09:31:27 pm »
getting message : null on both the newsletter links and the links in this forum (US)
and when i went to alexa today, (because she wouldn't turn on the lights, said she couldn't find them)
i saw the vera skill was gone (it was there yesterday)
came here to use the links and got the NULL message.

I just had the same problem. It was working fine this morning, and then when I got home my husband told me that alexa wasn't turning on the lights anymore :( I tried clicking on the link in this forum and I got the null again. I'm guessing Amazon is having more issues. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Offline Nameless

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 10:52:16 pm »
Reading all these comments makes me glad I haven't updated the skill yet. I'm still using the 2nd Beta release and it works fine. I guess I'll stay there until Vera kills off my version or something more concrete is in place.

Offline Bb98

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »
Important:

(1) Please note that if your Amazon account is set to US, you might need to use the US invite link, not the UK one. We've had some beta users that are in UK that got assigned to US skill instead of UK skill. So please try both if one does not work.

(2) If you click on the invite link and see a 404 page, then please login with alexa on alexa.amazon.com or alexa.amazon.co.uk and then open the invite link in a new tab. This is a known Amazon invite issue and you need to login first to avoid it.

Got the 404 page.  Logged into alexa.amazon.com Now I get HTTP 500 - The website cannot display the page.
Hard to test and provide feedback in a Beta program when the software will not install!  I mean, I get "beta" and all that but you would at least expect the software to install and function and you certainly would not expect it to work fine one day and be a complete failure the next.  All this after going through an excruciating Vera firmware upgrade because my Vera-Lite doesn't have enough space available to perform the update!

Offline Ron N

• Love my Vera Plus & Alexa
Re: Amazon Alexa Home Skill Update
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 11:11:18 pm »
Anyone having this problem. My alexa lost the skill, it is gone! nothing to delete and reinstall. I go to the update the skill to put it back and all I get is this page saying this
"{"message":null}"
I have tried several methods including opening the alexa dashboard and it's signed in but it won't give me the new skill. She only say's she can't not find the device!
Anyone having the same problem?

Offline Ron N

• Love my Vera Plus & Alexa
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2017, 11:13:37 pm »
ok just an opinion here.... I looked on the amazon page as well as on the news here [I'm in las vegas] they said some idot programmer by mistake messed up the servers and caused an outage [at amazon]. My thought and hopefully some Vera programer reads this!
When the servers went down on amazon and by the same 1/100000000 chance that vera put out the new skill. The reboot of the amazon computers kicked out the skills on all beta's including the newest one, that they just at the same time put out. Simple fix, the amazon servers are back up so vera/alexa beta skill needs to be resent and a new link sent out for the install. Simple but too simple that no one see's it!
I am not a pro but following the chain that is what appears to have happened. Just upload the new skill to amazon and send out a new link to install it.
Maybe I'm wrong but hey, if I'm right we all can have Alexa back in an hour!

Your Thought on this?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:31:02 pm by Ron N »

Offline mcv.vlad

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 02:56:38 am »
Adding another sticky. thread locked.
Please see http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,48139.0.html