Author Topic: IP Outdoor camera that work with Vera UI7  (Read 305 times)

Offline bobsan

IP Outdoor camera that work with Vera UI7
« on: March 08, 2017, 11:46:04 am »
Hi there,
 I'm hoping somebody will be wise and kind to advise me, which IP outdoor Cameras will WORK (motion and video recording) with Vera UI7 edge.
I tried Foscam and after 2 days of reading posts and tried everything ..outcome was that I can see the camera on my Vera but  no motion working or either video recording. Vera had Vistacam 1100, but it's not available for purchase for some reason.
Any input is much appreciated.

Offline Sammy2

Re: IP Outdoor camera that work with Vera UI7
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:45:46 pm »
I'm using Monoprice (Hikvision) cams with Blue Iris and the Blue Iris Plug in for Vera without issue. I do have a Foscam to install eventually but it will go the same route so I suspect it will work fine too.

Offline jdbowenvt

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 02:05:51 pm »
I've been trying in vain to get my Foscam FI9900P working w/ vera ui7 edge.  I've been using the instructions posted here by thxultra in august 2016.  I can't get it to work at all.  If you've got a method let me know.  Snapshots are all I need.  Thanks, JB

Offline bobsan

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 04:01:11 pm »
Thank you All for the input.

I'm selling my IP cameras and going for a Wifi NVR kit for outside. Separate system from Vera.
Don't think that I should get another master degree just to hooked some cameras.
Cheers All

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 02:50:50 pm »

I'm selling my IP cameras and going for a Wifi NVR kit for outside. Separate system from Vera.
Don't think that I should get another master degree just to hooked some cameras.
Cheers All

You don't.

IP Cameras
Blue Iris IP Camera Software
Blue Iris Plugin for Vera

Done.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 03:15:49 pm »

Cheers All

Wireless is going to be the problem. Wireless doesn't work so well to power it and reliability of wireless is much less. I also run Hikvision POE cameras on blueiris. I played with foscams many years ago and quickly found them to be full of issues.