Well, like most I followed the new link, and this one works and allows the skill to be enabled on my Alexa unit. The skill showed up and the devices showed up after a discovery.
Couple of observations, and I know my systems is different than the typical users.
I have two Vera units bridged and almost all control needed is on the main unit. (Vera 1) With the previous skills no matter what I had checked in the list, or given custom names, they all showed up in the list from Vera 1 and Vera 2. This seems to have been corrected in this skill since I only see the devices or items I wanted. Before it was a little bit of a pain in the butt to remove all the ones I did not want after a rediscover.
With that being said, the previous skill worked almost perfectly every time. It was as stable as my own lambda function using the code work from Martin as the foundation. (Thanks again for that, what a good guy) This revision of the skill on the other hand at this point seems to be spotty. I checked it when I fixed it this am, and it worked. I used it from my office just after that with no luck. Alexa confirmed the command with OK, but nothing happened. I repeated the command a few more times and she finally told me something to the effect of the "hub" was not connected. I just tried it again and now it seems to be functioning. I don't know if the spotty function has something to do with the corrective action that were taken, or if there is something going on with the implementation. I do know the problem is not with the units and the connection locally.
Not skill related but I can agree with what Aaron posted about the way this was handled. Vera, I really have no idea how you can operate like this. I watched the responses from Vlad saying people were using the wrong links, bad links, and to use the links here. They did not work, and after people pointed that out, radio silence. That is really not the right way to handle reports of a problem. There was never even a hint of Vera saying to themselves "Hey guys, we might have a problem going on here".
I realize no one is exactly running a loved ones life support systems on Vera Zwave, and I do further realize this is a beta. I have been using my Vera's for quite some time to automate entry/exit, alarm alert functions, text/email/push notifications, and basic TOD functions. Yes I have workarounds I use and that is fine with me for select issues. That is part of working with any product/platform. Vera has been stable, fast, and for the most part trouble free for me once a level of function was established. I do not do any update unless it is for something I really want or need. I really do like the stuff, but I do not like the overall development side of Vera.
We are not all experts, but we are all not idiots either. There are two things keeping me on Vera, VeraMate and other plugins from contributors. The idea that keeping a customer is reliant on third parties should tell you something.
I think all we want comes down to two simple things. Listen to us if you expect us to beta test and keep the ones who are testing in the loop.
Edit 1: As I posted this, it is not responding again. When this happens if you follow the link to make a device adjustment, the plugin update fails. So Alexa is not talking to Vera when this happens.
Edit 2: When this occurs the controller is also marked off line by the Vera portal. The controller is not offline and does respond to remote commands from Vera mate. while on the local network if that helps Vera out at all. Looking at the dashboard on home.getvera.com it shows the Vera 3 is online and the Vera Plus is not. Again, not the case it is online and has a internet connection as reported by the unit itself.