Author Topic: Two Alexa vera skills after 3/9 Hotfix for Alexa beta but faster response.  (Read 997 times)

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
I just received the email with subject ‼ URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: 3/9 Hotfix for Alexa Beta and clicked the US  link. Now when I check the Amazon 'Alexa smart home' page I see 2 Vera skills listed:

(Green Vera logo icon)   Vera Smarter Home Control
(Black Vera logo icon)    Vera Smarter Home Control (BETA US)

Should I disable one? If so which one? I am in the US.

I don't know if it's a fluke but the response time seems faster. Just after a few seconds the OK sounds and the light comes on at the same time where before that would take a few more seconds. I switched several lights on and off and they all had the same faster response. anyone else noticing this?
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline RichDC

I did the update this morning and both skills were enabled and everything was still working.

I've just disabled both, forget all devices and re done from the email link.

Discovered devices again and I have the green Vera icon skill running with all previous selected devices found.

Offline Isablend

UK based so I followed the appropriate link, also subscribed to the beta group via the e-mail link.   Had both skills visible and enabled in Alexa.

So far so good.  I was on an old firmware, yet the devices became visible in Alexa (and they responded to voice commands).

So then I ungraded the firmware to the latest version (1.7.2608), which went fine.   Again, so far so good.

Next removed all devices in Alexa and re-discovered and all the light and heating devices have been discovered.   Window blinds, have not been discovered (they hadn't either under the earlier step). Not the end of the world for me as they are all under PLEG timing controls which generally don't require manual intervention from me.

Testing so far has been positive, some delay lag in response to voice commands, but all at least responding.

Offline Isablend

And a small update.   When I ask for example "Turn Kitchen Edge Light on", I get quite a delay and the response that "The device Kitchen Edge Light is not responding", and just as that is said the Kitchen Edge Lights come on.  Vera status is updated (seen in app), but nothing further from Alexa.

As they say the secret of good comedy is.....timing.

Offline becky

This is probably a stupid question. Is the email I got last night/this morning the update fix for the links that were broke before, or is this another update? When the links started working yesterday afternoon I upgraded and everything worked beautifully. It looks like it was all okay this morning...do I need to update yet again? Or was I just ahead of the update game yesterday and this was a delayed communication?

Maybe I should anyway?