Author Topic: VeraSecure and Ecobee3 --> Worth the risk?  (Read 165 times)

Offline gniknalu

VeraSecure and Ecobee3 --> Worth the risk?
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:48:09 am »
I'm moving on from my VeraLite and my VeraEdge and just ordered a VeraSecure. Since I made the leap, I decided to change my thermostat as well. I am seeing a lot of discussion on Ecobee support. Do you think it's worth the risk if I purchased a Ecobee3? Or should I stick with my Nest?

Thanks

Offline gwichman

Re: VeraSecure and Ecobee3 --> Worth the risk?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:50:43 am »
what are you hoping to gain from the ecobee that you don't have from the nest?

Offline rafale77

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:04:56 pm »
Big advantage of the ecobee is the remote sensors. Also rumors from within nest that nest might go belly up and dropped by google but this is still a rumor.
112 zwave nodes, 8 zigbee nodes, 231 devices, 17 apps, 100 scenes on a Vera Plus linked with Echo and HomeKit through bridges

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 10:28:30 am »
Big advantage of the ecobee is the remote sensors. Also rumors from within nest that nest might go belly up and dropped by google but this is still a rumor.

Yes gwichman - the remote sensors.
I COULD just use remote sensors with the VeraSecure and integrate it with the Nest but I was hoping for a solution that was already packaged together. Hence the reason for my post.

Offline gwichman

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 09:39:11 pm »
ah well for what it's worth i swapped my honeywell zwave thermostats out for ecobees and the remote sensors are fantastic. Totally solved my problem of rooms getting too hot or cold. I haven't even bothered adding them to the Vera yet since they work so well on their own but may do so and put some geofencing logic in there at some point.