Author Topic: Can't get Vera Plus to recognize Evolve LTM-5 after I deleted it.  (Read 193 times)

Offline Kurt73

Update/Revision

Sorry for the poor explanation below.

I will try again with more detail.

I bought an Evolve LTM-5 and successfully paired it to my Vera Plus.

As I was trying to integrate it into a scene it would not work and I wondered if perhaps I needed to remove it from my Vera Plus and re-try. I figured that deleting is entirely from the Vera Plus device list would be one way to ensure I was starting "fresh". So rather than just unpair it, I clicked the delele option at the bottom of the device page on the Vera Plus web interface software. It would not delete. I received a message pop-up from Vera Plus stating that it would disappear from the device list in about a minute. Well it did not disappear.
So I tried deleting is again...wait..then again...wait...then again..maybe 6 times I tried to delete it. I finally thought that perhaps I should turn of the power to the LTM-5. So I did that and finally it was deleted from my Vera Plus device list. I had also deleted any scenes that I had set-up for the LTM-5. 

So next I tried to pair the device back into my Vera Plus device list.  I have tried maybe 15 times with no luck. I have tried various ideas like cycling power and wifi to the Vera Plus as well as the laptop I am using for interface. I have tried cycling power to the LTM-5 and tried using the upper switch paddle as well as the lower switch paddles. (LTM-5 instructions state that either will do) I have tried double tapping the switch paddles rather than single tapping.  Nothing works. 

I also removed it from the wall and let it hang in fee air by about and inch or two just in case there was some type of interference to RF signal.  I also disconnected a nearby Linksys wifi extender in case that was causing interference. 

So now my first question is:  By deleting a device from the Vera Plus device list does it become permanently deleted? Never able to pair again?

If someone reading knows what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Original message:

Hello,

I had the LTM-5 on the list then was having some trouble so I thought I would delete it from the device list then try re-add.

Did I screw up bad?  Now I can't seem to get Vera Plus to pair or add to my vera network.

Any tips? 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:31:47 am by Kurt73 »

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: Can't get Vera Plus to recognize Evolve LTM-5 after I deleted it.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:51:55 pm »
Deleting form Vera does not exclude the switch form the Z-Wave network. Your switch is still included in the Z-Wave network and must be excluded before it can be included again.

Put your Vera into exclude mode(search the forum) and exclude the switch, a double tap I believe(check the manual).

Offline Kurt73

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »
Thank you!  Yes that was the problem.

Offline Kurt73

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:59:41 pm »
Just a tip for future Newbies. When double tapping to exclude the LTM-5 you need to double tap very quickly. I read somewhere that you need to double tap with in 20 ms.

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:05:43 am »
Treat it like a mouse double click.