Author Topic: NYCE Garage Sensor won't trip  (Read 292 times)

Offline hax0rmort

NYCE Garage Sensor won't trip
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:16:52 pm »
I have the zigbee network up on my vera plus with the latest firmware,  it seems to be somewhat reliable, as shocked as I am to admit.

I have an NYCE hidden door open/close connected, works great, 4 ge links, 3 lowe's iris (centralite) applicate energy switches, and some other zigbee stuff, not proprietary or uncommon devices.

So, BEING as it's a supported device, what gives?  Here is where I started with Vera Support three days ago but have gotten no reply about what the logs tell them yet.  still waiting, days now.

I'll paste it, if anyone who has it working has tips to get me going, PLEASE help, anything is better than awaiting vera support cavalry.  It's like foreign dignitary requesting security.

------------------------------

Helen,

Thanks for quick response.  I'm paired at the hub just fine, within a foot it never fails to pair.  It will pair/configure then remain connected for up to two hours before the dashboard reports disconnected.

I've tried zigbee generic unpair as well as NYCE Garage flow unpair/repair dozens upon dozens of times last night.  Rebooted box same.  Deleted cache of listed items (to be deleted, failed to configure) within advanced zigbee menu.

Other people claim success as this is a supported product.  I have three of them and all three are behaving the same way.  Two are currently paired but have now dropped off and say "disconnected"

I'll repair now and you may check status while it's passively connected.  I'll be here the rest of the morning continuing to try to get these to work.  Again; they pair just fine, configure themselves just fine and are auto detected as Garage Door Sensor NYCE brand.  Just, literally no "tripped" variable compared to my "Front Door OC" NYCE sensor which works and reports fine.

to reiterate, they are seen, pair and configure (to a layman) just fine.

The issue is, it doesn't report status and the only difference I can tell between configs (NYCE Door open/close versus NYCE Garage/Tilt) is there are no LastTripped/IsTripped variables.  Please advise.

Offline Mike Yeager

Re: NYCE Garage Sensor won't trip
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 12:21:16 pm »
I have no idea what could be going on with your system. Mine works flawlessly and is located about 30ft from the Vera. I have all the variables that I should have and the sensor reports rather quickly when the door status changes. Try taking it to the Vera, redoing the pairing and then letting it sit close to the Vera for a bit. Once you've done that, hold the sensor in the proper position and tilt it as it would if it were on the door. Some devices don't create the variables until the first time they are written to. Also, verify the sensor is positioned properly or it will never trip. I'm sure you've already looked at this, but it never hurts to look again.

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:39:08 am »
Thanks.  Yeah, spend about ten hours doing that to the two of three I have and more.  You're right, you never know the level of skill or if I'm doing correctly.  Not knocking for helping.  Thanks man. 

Vera got back, I have to do a few things and take a photo of the sensors for them.  Doing that when u get home.  Appreciate it

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 04:43:36 am »
I know there are three models made from NYCE.  The C4, HA and the Lowe's Iris specific. 

I've read that many users have had success with both the HA and Lowe's.  I have the Lowe's. 

The led indicators and push button commands are not the same for inclusion/reset/status

I felt like I was playing dominoes all night.  I'm gonna go home and pull the third one out and actually stack up three and knock them over like dominoes when I have to test "trip" :) why not, yolo.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 10:34:21 am »
The one I have I got from Lowe's, but I believe it has HA in the part number. The C4 version will NEVER work with Vera as Control 4 isn't going to allow anyone to use their protocols. As for the Lowe's version made for Iris, that could very well be the problem. A friend of mine has reverse engineered the Iris protocols and they're nothing close to standard anything...

Offline hax0rmort

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »
The one I have I got from Lowe's, but I believe it has HA in the part number. The C4 version will NEVER work with Vera as Control 4 isn't going to allow anyone to use their protocols. As for the Lowe's version made for Iris, that could very well be the problem. A friend of mine has reverse engineered the Iris protocols and they're nothing close to standard anything...
Favor me one and post your full model and part numbers if you have access and are willing sir?

Thank you.  if ya can.  Please.

Typed mobile, probably full of errors, can't see.

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:27 pm »
I'll try to remember to do so tomorrow. :)