Author Topic: Vera returns a message  (Read 494 times)

Offline mbaker171

Vera returns a message
« on: March 17, 2017, 08:29:51 am »
Hi, I'd would like to run a scene which passes a message to Alexa to return to me. So e.g the scene returns my wall stat temperature and Alexa repeats the message. I already have SES 301 wall stats and it would be nice to be able to return the current temperature to me.  I already have scenes that operate via Alexa to raise and lower the stat working fine.

Is this possible... I've been reading many posts and don't remember this request being mentioned.

Offline tb001

Re: Vera returns a message
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:12:23 pm »
Pretty sure this isn't possible right now on the Alexa end. From what I last read, Alexa still doesn't allow prompts to speak, but it's something they are considering. I'd love to see it as an easy to do. The best workaround I've thought of is if you could trigger the "alexa simon says" prompt in electronic way

Offline sebby

Re: Vera returns a message
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:29:05 pm »
i've been looking for this too.  the folks over at SmartThings have something that seems to do this

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa#Advanced:_Interfacing_With_Ask_Alexa_.28version_2.1.3.2B.29

Someone with way more brains than I should see if there is a way to port this over to Vera...