Author Topic: UI7 with Trane Thermostat?  (Read 179 times)

Offline ozorowsky

UI7 with Trane Thermostat?
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:56:25 am »
Hello,

UI5 user here recently switched to UI7. I paired my trane thermostat tonight, but now for some reason when I go into the interface to set my cool/hot temp, I only have an option of seeing an inside temp and middle says 0.0 with increments of 0.5.

What is the logic here? How do I set this to say 70 degrees?

Thankyou

Offline ozorowsky

Re: UI7 with Trane Thermostat?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 04:27:22 pm »
In case anyone searches this in the future, the answer is to change the setting from auto to cool OR heat and it makes this work.

Offline dingfod

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 01:45:54 pm »
...the answer is to change the setting from auto to cool OR heat and it makes this work.

I've noticed this, too. Doesn't it seem poor that you can't set Auto and a temp so that the thermostat can just call for heating or cooling to maintain the target temp? Is that a limitation of the thermostat or something else?

Offline ozorowsky

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 02:01:36 pm »
...the answer is to change the setting from auto to cool OR heat and it makes this work.

I've noticed this, too. Doesn't it seem poor that you can't set Auto and a temp so that the thermostat can just call for heating or cooling to maintain the target temp? Is that a limitation of the thermostat or something else?

Fyi I contacted support they somehow fixed it. Auto etc is working now.