Author Topic: Logging temperature over time.  (Read 409 times)

Offline nathanwinters

Logging temperature over time.
« on: March 24, 2017, 03:34:19 am »
Hi,
I'm very new to this! I got a VeraPlus up and running a couple of days ago and now have an RFXCom module running a couple of plugs, a Greenwave Zwave Plug and, relevant to this, a couple of Everspring ST814 Temperature/Humidity sensors.
The end goal is to monitor the temperature to control too electric radiators, however in the short term I'd like to know how to do the following:

Continually record the temperature and humidity in a log which I can review / graph to see temperature fluctuations.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks
Nathan

Offline jswim788

Re: Logging temperature over time.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 09:51:52 am »
See this forum for information on the DataMine 2 plugin which should work for this:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,43.0.html

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:40:22 pm »
And with the Weatherunderground plug-in, you can also track outdoor temperature, humidity, pressure, and wind speed, without additional hardware, to give you even more data.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:00 pm »
And with the Weatherunderground plug-in, you can also track outdoor temperature, humidity, pressure, and wind speed, without additional hardware, to give you even more data.

Yes indeed, there's really lots you could do.  I ended up plotting things with Grafana...
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline nathanwinters

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 09:47:38 am »
Wow, thanks everyone... lots of reading to do. No doubt I will be back with questions soon.
Cheers
Nathan

Offline sebby

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 10:28:45 am »

Yes indeed, there's really lots you could do.  I ended up plotting things with Grafana...

AK, how did you tie in DataMine (or DataYours) with Grafana? I've been noodling with the idea of doing something like this, but the information on how to integrate them is a bit lacking out there. 

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 10:55:08 am »
I wrote a Lua WSAPI CGI which responds to the /render and /metric requests.  It's actually built into openLuup, but could be modified to work with Vera, if you must.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/akbooer/openLuup/blob/master/openLuup/graphite_cgi.lua

It calls on some of the DataYours files also, and will additionally access a DataMine database, if that is where you have your data.

If you're not running openLuup, but have a spare machine of any sort, then the easiest thing would be to install a stand-alone copy of openLuup and simply use it as a graphite server for Grafana.  I actually run mine on the same machine as the Grafana server.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P.
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, DataYours, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 05:17:32 pm »
Running OpenLuup on my old PI3 is a winter project of mine - not sure which winter though  ;D
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.919, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.