Author Topic: Password not changing  (Read 629 times)

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

Password not changing
« on: March 29, 2017, 09:31:25 am »
I've got 3 users. I attempted to change two of the user passwords today but my VeraPlus (UI7)1.7.2608
 would not allow me to change their passwords. I logged in under the other users names successfully so I have the correct password. Then went to the change password screen and entered the same information with a new password.

Vera responded "Failed to change password, your Old password is not correct. Add the correct password and try again."

I was able to change my main user password.

All the users are "account administrators"

I guess I could just delete the other user accounts and try again, but why won't Vera allow me to just change the passwords?

Any suggestions? Insights?

thanks

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Password not changing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:15:34 pm »
I cannot even log in with the other credential. Just get a spinning "working" icon.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 10:03:39 pm »
I guess I should consider myself fortunate, I can log in with all three, just not change the passwords

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »
I opened a ticket.  I have VeraAlerts set up so we know when each other is home but she cannot log in to receive her alerts.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline XA44Owq26HxCq88

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 10:36:36 am »
That's interesting.

I noticed my issue after I installed VeraAlerts and attempted to log in via my phone. I went to change my pw on one of my phone user accts to make it easier to log in and got the message.

The pw issue may have existed before installing VeraAlerts, I just had no need to change the pw so the problem may have pre-dated the installation of VeraAlerts.

Another clue may be that when I went to change my regular log in pw as a test, UI7 would not accept my old pw because it did not meet the criteria for character/symbol inclusion. So Vera might have changed something in the pw section on one of their updates and I just had no reason to look at that since the change.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »
Customer Care had me use the "forgot password" feature on home.getvera.com. She received an email with a link, followed it, and it sent a temporary password. Logged in, clicked on reset the password, and we are in business.

I think they upgraded the password security (upper case, lower case, number, and special character). Her old password was only lowercase and numbers. Perhaps that has something to do with it.