Author Topic: Google home vs Amazon echo  (Read 1417 times)

Offline ember1205

Re: Google home vs Amazon echo
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 05:09:35 pm »
Hi everyone,
Im starting my zwave smart home automation and struggeling to decide whether I should go with Echo or google home.
For me, in the general sense of a device, the google home is a better fit due to using google services. Im less a user of Amazon, not a prime member etc.
But I see that there is a subforum for Alexa, and that there are several videos about the subject.

How difficult it is to setup google home to make actions?
Don't go with the Echo, I've got two and they don't work very well.

They are deaf most of the time you have to shout at them and u can literally have it in your hand and it will still not hear u at times.

I've had to stop using them as a speaker as if u do they are even deafer - How stupid is that!

They also aren't too good at understanding what u say.

I'm looking to integrate some Zigbee push switches into my system, so when I want to enter a room briefly I can turn the light on /off without having to wait for echo to get it's act together.

A google one will arrive as soon as they are released.

Your "issues" are easily resolved. Use the "Voice Training" part of the app to go through a process that allows the Echo to "re-learn" the ambient room noise and such. I had this issue with one of my devices, went through the Voice Training a couple of times, and it cleared up.

Offline TDehnke

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Google home vs Amazon echo
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 02:22:48 am »
The Google Home supports natural language where the Amazon Echo does not yet but when it comes to integration with devices Google Home is still about two years behind the Amazon Echo. Google Home and Amazon Echo are both good choices deepening on what problem you're trying to solve.

Lenovo's Harman Kardon version of the Amazon Echo comes out in May
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/smart-home/smart-assistant/