Author Topic: Amcrest IP2M-848E PTZ dome camera  (Read 367 times)

Offline JimMac

Amcrest IP2M-848E PTZ dome camera
« on: March 31, 2017, 12:09:14 pm »
I have a Amcrest IP2M-848E dome PTZ camera and started to look into setting it up on VeraPlus as well.  After a few attempts at a valid URL and DirectStreamingURL I contacted Amcrest. For those who are thinking of buying this great dome camera it won't work with Vera directly.  Here is what I got from Amcrest...

"Sadly our Amcrest Units will not work with home automation just yet. Our software in the unit does not support it."

I'm assuming that by saying "Amcrest Units" they are referring to only this model as I have two other Amcrest models that do work great with Vera.
Haven't tried it in Blue Iris yet but I'd be interested if anyone has.

Update: The camera does seem to have a decent picture using the URL setting of "cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=[USERNAME]&loginpas=[PASSWORD]"
PTZ control using imp_file: I_Amcrest_ProHD.xml

Great camera with really nice picture quality.  Amazing field of view.  With any wide angle lens expect image bending at the sides.  Zoom and presets works well in Vera.
Note that this camera does NOT have IR LED night vision!  Should be used in areas that have lighting or motion sensor activated lighting.  Build quality is very good. 
POE make installation in remote areas without power considerably easier.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:56:54 pm by JimMac »