Author Topic: "Turn All Off" wrong (sub)device  (Read 428 times)

Offline rge

"Turn All Off" wrong (sub)device
« on: April 08, 2017, 02:24:23 am »
I have a Fibaro double relay with one half running my pond pump and the other the pond lights.

It works fine with my Vera Plus (apart from it not recognising the energy monitoring on the second channel, a different problem), except for one thing:

* I've set the categories and sub-categories so the light switch is recognised as part of the lighting, and appears correctly in the "All Lights" summary

* The pump switch is not in this category, and correctly does not appear in the count

* But - when I do the "Turn All On" or Off switch, it changes the pump switch!  ::)

Has anyone experienced this?  Do anyone know of some settings I can change to make it work?

I could swap the relay wiring, but it's not very accessible and anyway (1) it should work properly (2) I'm not convinced it wouldn't just expose some other edge case

Offline shallowearth

Re: "Turn All Off" wrong (sub)device
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 06:07:20 am »
You could try setting parameter 1 to 0.  That tells the Fibaro to ignore all on/all off commands.

Offline rge

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 02:15:58 pm »
Thanks, but that only applies to the single relay, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent for the double relay.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:59:29 pm »
They list it in the double relay manual.  Wouldn't hurt to try it.  However my guess is that it has something to do with parent child devices and where you set the sub catgory.

Offline rge

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 04:27:19 am »
Thanks - do you have a softcopy of that manual?  My version doesn't list that option, so I'm wondering if it's different firmware or something.

When I add it as "poll only" it doesn't retrieve anything, so I'm a bit cautious about trying to set it.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 08:33:02 am »
If it doesn't poll it doesn't exist.

Offline rge

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:23 am »
Thanks, would have been rather useful  :(