Author Topic: Cooper Controllers and Vera  (Read 139 times)

Offline archie77008

Cooper Controllers and Vera
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:35 am »
Hi all,

I'm a very new user of Vera and just recently switched from Smartthings.  I have about 40 Cooper Aspire, mostly 9540, devices throughout my home.  I currently control them through 3 installed, Cooper 5 scene controllers, and 3 handheld Cooper remote controllers.  These all work great but I travel frequently and would like the ability to control the lighting remotely while I'm away from the home.  These are my questions and I would greatly appreciate any help!  I've searched through the forum but haven't been able to find all the answers:

Can I still use all my scene controllers and handheld controllers once I've set up Vera?

Can I set up Vera network using the primary cooper controller to send all the devices to Vera or do I have to bring in each one separately.  If I do this do I lose what's setup on the cooper controllers?   It's a real pain to reenter all the devices into the cooper controller and label them.

Does Vera support more than one primary controller, which I think the answer is no for zwave networks, but does it make a difference if Vera is the primary or Cooper is the primary?

Thanks for any help!