Author Topic: New Linear Zwave Plus Switches  (Read 469 times)

Offline dzmiller

New Linear Zwave Plus Switches
« on: April 16, 2017, 08:53:31 pm »
I'm looking for a source of Linear's new zwave plus switches. Specifically the new dimmer WD500Z5.

Are there any other zwave plus switches and dimmers? The new Linear/GoControl switches support the central scene command class like the Homeseer HS-WD-100+

http://www.gocontrol.com/manuals/10008092a_wd500z5-1_wd1000z5-1_instructions.pdf
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:55:35 pm by dzmiller »

Offline STL.sparky

Re: New Linear Zwave Plus Switches
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 12:40:00 am »
I bought several at security equipment supply (SES). They work but I am trying to find documentation on the central scene for Vera. I want to set up a double tap to be "all off". Any assistance would be appreciated!

P.S. they don't dim the cheap Home Depot commercial electric brand 4 for $29 led conversion can retrofit trims. They work to dim the 6 pack Lowe's cheap house brand, though only at about 40-100% and in only 5 steps. any other suggestions of can retrofit lamps that worked with linear dimmers?

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 11:18:21 am »
I don't believe Vera has implemented central scene.

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:33:38 pm »
So it looks like I was wrong and Vera now supports central scenes in the new GoControl zwave plus dimmer. Vera correctly identified the dimmer as WD500Z5-1 and provides a menu to runs scenes and modes from the number of taps.

I am able to run a scene to control groups of lights from double tapping the switch.

The new GoControl z-wave plus devices all have "Z5" in the part number. I just installed a house full in a rewire/remodel. The z-wave plus GoControl scene controller doesn't seem to be supported yet.

Note that GoControl and Linear are Nortek brands. The popular Linear dimmers is now superseded by the new GoControl device. Nortek may not produce z-wave plus Linear devices.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:37:35 pm by dzmiller »