Author Topic: Internally illuminated switch?  (Read 109 times)

Offline Skyking

Internally illuminated switch?
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
Folks,

I am new to all of this so please excuse me if someone has already asked this question.  I have a remote building that I have equipped with a Vera Plus and several Z-wave devices.  In a funny twist I accidentally left the light switch on when done for the day.  My wife noticed this when looking at our multiple camera video display.  Well, I trudged out there and turned it off.  The switch is nothing fancy, a single-pole/single-throw switch.  But, it is internally lighted when the switch is off making it easy to find it in the dark.  To my question - Does anybody make a simple switch that is internally illuminated when turned off?

Much thanks!

Phillip

Offline aa6vh

Re: Internally illuminated switch?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:06:00 am »
I assume you mean a ZWave switch with an internal light.

Both of my Leviton and GE ZWave wall switches have an LED that lights up when the switch is off. That LED is bright enough that you would want to disable the LED light when installed in a bedroom.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Internally illuminated switch?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:17:22 pm »
It would help if we knew where in the world you are located as different solutions (switches) may not be certified for use in your neck of the woods.

I could suggest using TEM as a solution, but is it legal for you to use?

Honorable Member of the outrageous & epic smite thread. Smite me, I dare you.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors.