We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Concord 4 plugin :: UI7 :: VeraSecure  (Read 1642 times)

Offline gniknalu

Concord 4 plugin :: UI7 :: VeraSecure
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:05:50 pm »
Hey Everyone,

We have a Concord 4 alarm so I purchased and installed a Superbus 2000 and it appears to be functional. Also, the serial to USB cable is connected but I don't have a way to verify it is working. SO I've been reading ALL MORNING the Concord 4 threads and have seen that some have got it to work with UI7. I've tried to follow the directions for UI7 but haven't been able to make progress. Yet, some people mention they were able to install it from the UI? Was there a change that prevented this?

I've also seen a mention of downloading trunk-25.zip - which I have done - but not sure what to do after that.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction? As I mentioned, I read most all of the posts related to this - even the 12 page thread "GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin " - but couldn't make it happen.

Thanks for your help!

Offline Inzax

Re: Concord 4 plugin :: UI7 :: VeraSecure
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:32:55 pm »
AS you probably know.  The ADT version of the GE superbus does not work. 

When I bought my replacement for my original ADT equipment I was getting sent refurbished modules.  The first module was the correct type but just would not work.  I ordered a second superbus and had no issues. 

Moral of the story, maybe the module is bad.  I believe there is a way to connect to the module with a PC to see if its working but that is beyond my ability.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:41:34 pm »
AS you probably know.  The ADT version of the GE superbus does not work. 

When I bought my replacement for my original ADT equipment I was getting sent refurbished modules.  The first module was the correct type but just would not work.  I ordered a second superbus and had no issues. 

Moral of the story, maybe the module is bad.  I believe there is a way to connect to the module with a PC to see if its working but that is beyond my ability.

Yeah - I heard about the incompatability. I am pretty sure mine isn't an ADT but don't know a 100% sure way of finding out. I do see the RS232 light blinking but not sure if that means anything.

I agree it should be tested with the PC. I have one and have the technical ability but need some kind of direction. . . .

Thank you for your reply Inzax

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:01:38 pm »
Have you installed the plug in yet?
Basically follow the UI4 instructions on http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ge-concord
You need to unzip the file then upload them to Vera in the App development UI.

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »
Have you installed the plug in yet?
Basically follow the UI4 instructions on http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ge-concord
You need to unzip the file then upload them to Vera in the App development UI.

Yes - I've seen those directions. But there is no file in the link you sent to download . . . .

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 07:52:10 pm »
The download is in the UI4 section of the page and it sounds like you already downloaded it.  Called trunk-25.zip here:  http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ge-concord/changeset/25/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip

If you have that downloaded, you need to extract all (unzip) the files.
Unzipping the files should give you 8 files:
D_Concord.json
D_Concord.xml
D_ConcordPartition.xml
D_ConcordPartion.json
I_Concord.xml
J_Concord.js
S_Concord.xml

If you want the fix for renaming sensors than you need to download and rename the fixed up J_Concord.js file as listed in my post here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12000.msg318391.html#msg318391 (make sure to rename the file to J_Concord.js after downloading replacing the one from the zip file).

Then you need to upload the files on the Vera go to Apps->Develop Apps->Luup Files to do that (make sure to leave Restart Luup after upload checked when uploading the files)

If you haven't already go to Apps->Develop apps->Serial Port configuration
set the Baud to 9600;
set the Data bits to 8;
set the Parity to Odd;
set the Stop bits to 1;
leave the other parameters as they are

Then to create the device go to Apps->Develop apps->Create device
in the Description field enter a name for your device
in the UpnpDevFilename field enter D_Concord.xml;
Leave all other fields blank
click Create device

You should end up with two devices created one the Panel and one for the Keypad
You may at that point need to go back into Apps->Develop apps->Serial Port Configuration and change "Used by device" to the Panel device for your Concord 4 (not the keypad)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:55:33 pm by shallowearth »

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 10:08:42 pm »
The download is in the UI4 section of the page and it sounds like you already downloaded it.  Called trunk-25.zip here:  http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ge-concord/changeset/25/trunk?old_path=%2F&format=zip

EXCELLENT! I'll get started and will post when I've finished. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Offline Inzax

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 09:06:53 am »
Reference using a PC to test module.  I did do it but needed guidance.  I found an old email from "Indub"  Ignore the ADT part.  We were talking about trying to reset the adt module.  See below:

Well, since I'm not the only who ran into this issue my guess is adt does some special configuration/protocol with the automation modules they install which only work with their controller.  Their may be a way to make it work, like removing the automation module from the concord bus devices and adding it back in or by resetting the concord itself, but its much easier to just buy a new AM.  I bought mine for less than $100.  I read others who only had to use a different serial-to-usb adapter, with vera lite, than what they first tried. 

You can try connecting a laptop directly to the automation module with the serial-to-usb adapter.  Download putty from http://www.putty.org/ and then select Serial interface and make these settings :

-set the Baud to 9600;

-set the Data bits to 8;

-set the Parity to Odd;

-set the Stop bits to 1;

-the COM number can be found out as explained in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcSofwO1Dw

Once the connection is setup please try to connect to it and see if you receive any messages.  If the message is garbled or there's nothing at all it most likely means the automation module is bad or the wiring isn't correct.

Hope this helps!
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:49:11 am »
Reference using a PC to test module.  I did do it but needed guidance.  I found an old email from "Indub"  Ignore the ADT part.  We were talking about trying to reset the adt module.  See below:

Well, since I'm not the only who ran into this issue my guess is adt does some special configuration/protocol with the automation modules they install which only work with their controller.  Their may be a way to make it work, like removing the automation module from the concord bus devices and adding it back in or by resetting the concord itself, but its much easier to just buy a new AM.  I bought mine for less than $100.  I read others who only had to use a different serial-to-usb adapter, with vera lite, than what they first tried. 

You can try connecting a laptop directly to the automation module with the serial-to-usb adapter.  Download putty from http://www.putty.org/ and then select Serial interface and make these settings :

-set the Baud to 9600;
-set the Data bits to 8;
-set the Parity to Odd;
-set the Stop bits to 1;
-the COM number can be found out as explained in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcSofwO1Dw

Once the connection is setup please try to connect to it and see if you receive any messages.  If the message is garbled or there's nothing at all it most likely means the automation module is bad or the wiring isn't correct.

Hope this helps!

I'll do that this afternoon! Awesomeness! THANK YOU!

I also read in other threads about the RS232 cable and alternatives. So I ordered one of the ones listed yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. JUST IN CASE that is the issue. (Because I don't always see flashy/blinky lights on the one I purchased.)

Offline gniknalu

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:09 pm »
Couldn't wait for the afternoon. HAD to try it now.

Followed the instructions. The USB port showed up as COM3. When I ran PuTTY, this is the only thing that I received - and it kept repeating over and over:

0A2204010001F000000022

I understand that maps to "CONCORD Comm   Rx Siren Setup (future)"??

Will dig deeper on this and also try it tomorrow when the other cable comes in.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 08:20:35 am »
ADT superbus gave me gibberish.  So I think you are on the right track. Can't recall what the right superbus gave me.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 10:43:06 am »
I am super confused, what are you trying to verify?  You started this thread staying you don't know how to install the plug in, so I am confused why you think this verification is even needed?  Is the Vera or avers plug in giving you an error?  Is the Concord 4 not working correctly?

Lets make you you did these steps:
Installed the superbus and did a bus rescan on the Concord 4 (disconnect the power and battery if you need to force a re-scan).  No Condord errors go to next step.

Plugged the cable into the super bus and Vera
Setup the serial port on the Vera.  Did Vera detect the serial port connection'. If yes ho to next step

Install the plug in.

Create the security device.

then Tell us what part isn't working that you think is the problem.