We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SqueezeBox Help!!!  (Read 14732 times)

Offline m0jon

• @m0jon
SqueezeBox Help!!!
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:40:33 am »
I'm using Vera2 UI4 firmware Running Version    1.1.1036

I have a squeezebox boom which works great but would be great if i could run it through Vera.

When i install the SqueezeBox plugin all appears well. But it does not appear able to find the squeezebox server which i have running on a mac mini. I try to add the ip address of the server but that does not work and after a short while the ip address disappears. Every couple of minutes the server busy box appears in the top right corner.

Anyone else experienced difficulties? Has anyone had any success?

Any help will be greatly received

Cheers

m0jon
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:51:38 am by m0jon »

Offline m0jon

• @m0jon
Re: SqueezeBox Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 05:14:52 pm »
does anyone know where i can find the .xml files that make up the SqueezeBox plugin? Want to see if i can get them working for me.

Cheers

m0jon

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 05:21:36 am »
'Toolbox' -> 'MiOS developers' -> 'Luup files' -> 'View' (assuming the Squeezebox plugin is installed ...)

Offline m0jon

• @m0jon
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:16:30 pm »
Many thanks Ap15e, found the files.

Do you know if Vera has to have a physical connection to the computer running the Squeeze Server or will it work over wifi?

Cheers

m0jon

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 05:13:34 am »
I don't know. I would suggest testing some code snippets from http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Squeezebox first.

Offline m0jon

• @m0jon
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 01:21:52 pm »
Hi Ap15e

Thanks for the prompt reply and link. Unfortunately i can't even get that far. Every time i load the plugin the server busy box pops up every couple of minutes and the tcp filed is populated with 9090. My squeezebox server is using 9000. Not sure yet how to change either.

m0jon

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 06:04:12 pm »
The plugin seems to work for me (physical connection between Vera and SBS, SBS clients connected via WLAN).

Installation instructions for the beta plugin:

• @Vera: Install the plugin. You will get a new device on the GUI: the Squeezebox controller
  • @Vera: Open the settings page for the new Squeezebox controller -> 'Advanced' tab -> 'serverIP': enter the IP address of your SBS -> 'serverPort': 9090 (9090 is the default SBS port for the SBS CLI interface - do not change the port unless you know what you are doing).
  • @SBS: Start your SBS and make sure that the SBS does detect your player(s).
  • @Vera: Close the settings page and click the red 'SAVE' button. In addition to the Squeezebox controller you will now get a new player device for each player connected to your SBS
  • Test the setup: @SBS: play a song, @Vera: open the settings page of the player (not the settings page of the Squeezebox controller), 'Advanced' tab, 'SongName' must contain the name of the currently playing song.

Use the Luup Lua extensions (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Lua_extensions) or Vera's scenes ('Advanced' tab, see attachment) to control your physical player(s). You will need the device id(s) for your physical player(s). The device ids are on the 'Advanced' tab to the right of 'id' just below 'device_file'.

The following UPnP actions are implemented:

• For UPnP service urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1:
    Play, Pause, Stop, Rewind (previous track), QuickSkip (next track)
  • For UPnP service urn:schemas-upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl1:
    SetVolume

The following UPnP variables are implemented:

• For UPnP service urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SqueezeBox1:
    playerId, SongName, PlayerStatus
  • For UPnP service urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1:
    TargetVolumeLevel

Some examples for device id 16837:

• luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'Pause', {}, 16837 )
  • luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'Play', {}, 16837 )
  • luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'Stop', {}, 16837 )
  • luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'Rewind', {}, 16837 )
  • luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'QuickSkip', {}, 16837 )
  • luup.call_action( 'urn:schemas-upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl1', 'SetVolume', { DesiredVolume = "10" }, 16837 )

• local value = luup.variable_get( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SqueezeBox1', 'playerId', 16837 )
  • local value = luup.variable_get( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SqueezeBox1', 'SongName', 16837 )
  • local value = luup.variable_get( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SqueezeBox1', 'PlayerStatus', 16837 )
  • local value = luup.variable_get( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'TargetVolumeLevel', 16837 )

Further information:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Squeezebox.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:11:47 pm by Ap15e »

Offline grybrd

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 07:19:19 pm »
DUMB question ... why does one hook up a Squeezebox to Vera when it can be run from any smart phone???   I am interested in seeing if I am missing something.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 07:40:48 pm by grybrd »

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 04:56:05 am »
The Squeezebox Controller plugin adds an UPnP layer to your SBS players. After installation of the plugin, your SBS players can be controlled with any UPnP control point (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_Play). Of course, the UPnP control is limited to the actions which are implemented in the Squeezebox Controller plugin.

A more practical scenario:
You are listening to your SBS player(s). You have to leave your home for some time, but you would like to continue listening when returning home.

Solution:
Use woodsby's ActiveRFID (http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_activerfid) or the ping sensor configured with your smartphone's IP address to let Vera know when you are at home. Create two scenes with a trigger which flags whether you are at home or not and add Luup play/pause commands to the 'Luup' tabs of the scenes.

Some more scenarios:
Transfer the playlist from your player in your living room to your player in your bedroom at 11 pm (needs a trivial addition to the Squeezebox Controller plugin) or play an announcement if some conditions are met (currently not implemented in the beta plugin) or pause/mute the player when there is no motion in the room or ...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:03:41 am by Ap15e »

Offline grybrd

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:26 am »
@ap15e .... thanks for the feedback with some interesting scenarios ... currently I have all my music up in the cloud so I think I will stick to my SB phone app.  Will be implementing the home and away thing next year and will give that a try then.

Offline m0jon

• @m0jon
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 06:15:22 am »
Ap15e last question, promise!!!

Just wondered how you physically connect your Vera to the computer that is running the SqueezeBox Server?

Thanks again

m0jon

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 07:00:48 am »
Vera <---- LAN ---> Switch <--- LAN ---> Computer running SBS

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 08:15:37 am »
OK, I have finally connected the Squeezebox Plugin and I now see my 3 squeezebox players and they are working since I can see the song playing in Vera.

Im trying to tie in the Squeezebox's into a scene , but Im not sure how to make a simple Luup scene to simply play the song. 

If I test this code in the Luup TEST area, it works and the SB plays

luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'Play', {}, 5 )

But, I try to add this into the Luup tab of a Scene and it says "invalid scene"

DO I need to wrap this command in some other Luup code to get it to work?

My ultimate goal is to create a few SB scenes, one that "welcomes" me when I unlock the door, and turn on the lights, etc.  Any ideas on how to tie multiple scenes together, so one scene runs the SB "welcome home", then it tells another scene to run, etc.

ANy help would be great, I'm getting closer!

MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 08:53:36 am »
Figured it out, Vera was causing issues and when I edited and saved a Scene, the scene number was never being updated.  I rebooted Vera and that seemed to do the trick,  The

code luup.call_action( 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MediaNavigation1', 'Play', {}, 5 )
now works fine in the Luup tab in a scene.  Thanks for the great docs and plugins for Squeezebox!
MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 08:58:32 am »
Hi --

What verion of the firmware are you using?

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)