We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: I am making a graphing tool available for Vera  (Read 6217 times)

Offline FlyBoyBob

I am making a graphing tool available for Vera
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »
I have written a quick Windows dialog based app that can track any data from any Vera connected device. First of all it is exclusively Microsoft-based (sorry...), tested on XP and Windows 7, using Excel and IE.
It can:
1 connect to a Vera over a local network or via the secure remote connection.
2 fetch any data from any device on the Vera network, up to 10 at a time for now.
3 fetch and save the data at any interval, in minutes
4 save and display a csv format file for graphing
5 save and display an xml file of each fetch for reference

I am using it to test trigger points for sunrise and sunset, temperatures, energy efficiency, etc.
I would like to share it with anyone who might be able to use it, but would first like to have it tested on a first-come-first-try-it basis to anyone who emails me at beta.testers@synapse.name. I only ask that testers add to this thread with things they have found it useful for, and to my email address with problems so I can fix them.

I hope this doesn't violate any of this forum's policies, if it does I'm sure I will be told and will modify or retract the offer.  I won't be charging for it if it becomes a useful tool, I only hope to share it with anyone that will find it useful in programming and setting up the Vera - I did!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:27:22 pm by FlyBoyBob »

Offline FlyBoyBob

Re: I am making a graphing tool available for Vera
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:39:07 am »
I have several excellent beta testers now (more are welcome) and one has discovered that there is a fwd1.mios.com secure remote server (in Germany?) as well as the fwd2.mios.com server that I use here in the US. Does anyone (at MCV I assume?) know if there are more, ie fwd3 or fwd4 ?

thanks!

Offline mcardenas

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »
Hi Bob,

AFAIK there are only 2 servers (fwd1 and fwd2)

Offline FlyBoyBob

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »
Hi Bob,

AFAIK there are only 2 servers (fwd1 and fwd2)

Thanks! I modified my dialog to allow the user to type in whatever as the prefix for .mios.com, with the default automatically suggesting fwd2.

One beta tester has already replied that it works fine, and he is using fwd1

Regards,
bob

Offline mikkelj

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:02:10 am »
Which language and framework are you using? C# and WPF or WinForms?

Offline FlyBoyBob

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 07:29:10 am »
Which language and framework are you using? C# and WPF or WinForms?

M$ Visual C++ and MFC = knocked it together in a few hours... you are welcome to try it.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 09:28:56 pm »
I am using this beta program as a way to extract data into our programming language .....Labview. This takes care of extracting data the next phase is to create variables within Vera that I can write to......EG compressor pressure, engine rpm. as you guessed I am trying to use Vera for a more commercial application. It will be great for Yacht owners or factory owners to receive notifications when a variable goes outside of it's normal operating range.
Thanks for sharing your code! I will keep you up to date on my progress.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline Minnies

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 12:11:49 pm »
Whatever happened to this. I would really like data for device monitoring like temperatures (pool, thermostat, room (via HSM100, outside temp, etc) and others like door positions and motion sensing.

Thanks,
Ron

Offline Henk

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »
@Minnies

This tool has its own section nowadays.
Pleas find it here:
http://forum.mios.com/index.php?board=22.0

Henk

Whatever happened to this. I would really like data for device monitoring like temperatures (pool, thermostat, room (via HSM100, outside temp, etc) and others like door positions and motion sensing.

Thanks,
Ron
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |