Author Topic: New to Vera 2, configuring GE 45600 remote controller  (Read 33075 times)

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: New to Vera 2, configuring GE 45600 remote controller
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:36 am »
It is not working for me.  I can get the scenes to turn on but not off. [...]
One thing I should mention is that the end device is actually an Insteon device.
That's important. The Off part is a feature of the remote, meaning its functionality is to turn any device in the scene off. As this is done by the remote itself, it will only work for devices that can be turned off by the remote (i.e., simply put: Z-Wave light and appliance modules). Vera is not involved in the off part and thus can't turn off your Insteon device.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline nicksandoval

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 01:48:15 pm »
That is what I was fearing.  Thanks for the fast response.

Offline vio

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 05:32:07 am »
how to use the off function without vera?
Viorel

Offline muurman

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 02:48:44 pm »
Does it use frequency 868,42 ?
( because as far as i know there are 2 different frequency's used with z-wave

Offline anzz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:46 pm »
is there a way to dim lights using GE 45600?

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 06:58:47 pm »

Hi Anzz

After the remote has been properly paired with Vera the lights will dim (if you're using a dimmer switch). Just press and hold the on or off keys for increasing or decreasing the light intensity.

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline jaingaurev

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 02:11:24 pm »

Hi Anzz

After the remote has been properly paired with Vera the lights will dim (if you're using a dimmer switch). Just press and hold the on or off keys for increasing or decreasing the light intensity.

Don

I am a bit lost on how do I set the scene for dimming ? If I write LUUP code to dim by 10% on scene activation, it partly works. I can increase the brightness, but not dim it.

Please help.

Offline Don Diego

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:32 am »

Hi Anzz

Don

I am a bit lost on how do I set the scene for dimming ? If I write LUUP code to dim by 10% on scene activation, it partly works. I can increase the brightness, but not dim it.

Please help.

Hi Anzz

Please see the follwoing documents:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10185.15.html

http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/manual-downloads/applications/DocumentLibraryManager/upload/45600-Manual-Eng.pdf

The dimming function should work correctly (including on and off) once the remote has been correctly configured (assuming that you are using a GE/JASCO dimming switch GE45612)

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 02:05:40 pm »
I believe you would first include the remote into Vera's Z-Wave network. And then assign the dimmer to a key on the remote, per the manual for the remote. No Vera scenes are used.

Offline martel

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »
Are any of you successfully using this now on UI6? I just received my Vera Lite today and went to pair this 45600 remote and it doesn't do anything other than join the network (all on/off works). I've followed quite a few different posts, including all the steps in this one, and the remote can't pair again to receive the scene codes.

Curious if it's a UI6 issue or not as I've come across a few posts where folks say it worked with these instructions until they got to UI6. Just curious if anybody has it working on a current version Vera Lite before I contact support.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 09:19:14 pm »
@martel,

Welcome!

Personally I'm on UI5 with no intention to change that. If I have a spare GE remote, I could give it a try on a test system with UI7. But hopefully someone else has tested this with UI6.

Offline 1-6

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2014, 01:11:29 am »
I have a GE 45600 remote and I was able to create a scene within the Vera and pair it back to the remote (it was pretty hard but thanks to those who created great instructions).

I now have a slight problem because my Lutron Duplex Receptacle is separated quite a distance away from the Vera. When I take the GE remote and go close to the Lutron, it can turn it on and off. When I'm close to the Vera, the Vera doesn't respond to the remote and it doesn't relay the message to the Lutron. I've tried repairing the mesh. Am I doing something wrong here? Are controllers able to communicate directly with the Vera?

Offline DeepThought

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 09:03:19 am »
How have you gotten the GE (JASCO) 45600 remote to work as a scene controller with Vera?

I've tried all of your instructions.  I read this forum from beginning to end.
I've tried all of these instructions...
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/GE_Advanced_Remote_45601
And my own concoction here...
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1BTNN7XP5JX6Z/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

All I've ever gotten to function is the ALL > Any-number-ON/OFF feature.  Pressing SCENE > Some-Number-ON/OFF does NOT function.  The scenes never transfer to the remote.  As near as I can tell, the first time the remote is paired, it attempts a scene transfer.  Why, I don't know, because the remote is brand new to the controller, and so there would never be any scenes to transfer.  Then, when I actually put it into some scenes, and re-pair it, there's never a message indicating that it's even trying to transfer scenes to it.  I've tried everything I can think of, and become exasperated and very frustrated.

I have VeraLite with UI7 on firmware 1.7.388.  Again, I have the GE (JASCO) 45600 (not the 45601).

I'm about ready to chuck this thing into the basement cabinet of no return, but I thought I'd give it one last chance to reach out to someone who has claimed to have gotten it to work.  Can anyone help?

Offline strandolph

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2014, 12:45:36 pm »
I'm adding my n00b $0.02 here as well.  I have a Vera Lite with UI7 1.7.439.  I have two z-wave remote controllers: a JASCO 45600, and an Intermatic HA07.  I have tried to pair both of them and have the same problem as described in this thread.  I can pair the devices (as secondary controllers, I guess?), configure the number of buttons, and assign scenes to buttons.  I attempt to re-pair the devices (send programming to the remote from the Vera?) and get no "detected" type of response from the UI.  The blue status banner displays Please wait..., then Add/Remove: Transferring scenes, then Add new devices now... and there it sits.  The all on/off commands work, but not the scene buttons.  The scene buttons don't respond with a green blink that would indicate that they are sending the scene command that they were programmed for.  I assume this means that Vera can't program the devices (transfer the scene commands?) during the re-pair attempt.  Is this a universal programming function for all z-wave secondary controllers and UI7 simply can't do it?  Does anyone have any z-wave remote (not an android or ios app, just a simple z-wave controller) working with UI7?

Offline wgfbean

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 02:28:30 pm »
I too have the same symptoms. I have Vera 3 and UI7 1.7.439. It can't complete the 2nd pair to educate the remote.

After calling support, they said to submit a trouble ticket. So we'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. If it's too long I'll request to have my unit downgraded back to UI5.