We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Report Generator, Trend Charts, and Variable Watch  (Read 25198 times)

Offline TimAlls

I hear you all loud and clear. This interfacing project has been fun and frustrating. Without simple tools like emulators, variable watch, and  clear and concise documentation as to the output format, it is like programing while blindfolded!
The new UI I am working on is currently targeting the Vera but will easily adapt to any controller that uses TCPIP as an interface. If Vera proves to be be unreliable I will shift to a more stable controller. When reading MCV's list of what they are woking on, their priorities, hardware issues, and their efforts to support All new Zwave products.....I would say it is a rough road ahead. We will see.... and in the meantime I am still havin Fun!
Regards
Tim
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:23:23 pm by TimAlls »

Offline Henk

I hear you all load and clear. This interfacing project has been fun and frustrating. Without simple tools like emulators, variable watch, and  clear and concise documentation as to the output format, it is like programing while blindfolded!
The new UI I am working on is currently targeting the Vera but will easily adapt to any controller that uses TCPIP as an interface. If Vera proves to be be unreliable I will shift to a more stable controller. When reading MCV's list of what they are woking on, their priorities, hardware issues, and their efforts to support All new Zwave products.....I would say it is a rough road ahead. We will see.... and in the meantime I am still havin Fun!
Regards
Tim

As far as emulators go...
http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Windows_LuaUPnP
http://wiki.mios.com/index.php/Test_Sequence
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline TimAlls

Henk,
That is interesting......have you used the emulator?
Anyone used it? Can you simulate all the functions of the Vera even though you don't have every ZWave device on the market plugged in?
I am very curious...let me know.
Regards
Tim

Offline Henk

Henk,
That is interesting......have you used the emulator?
Anyone used it? Can you simulate all the functions of the Vera even though you don't have every ZWave device on the market plugged in?
I am very curious...let me know.
Regards
Tim

Not personally, as you noticed im better at managing information than coding.
I think Ap15e has experience, you could try and ask him??
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline TimAlls

Henk,
The second link is no longer available.
Regards
Tim

Offline Henk

Henk,
The second link is no longer available.
Regards
Tim

Yep. Seems outdated. Although the wiki page is still there.
Will make an affort to update the wiki on this.

Offline Henk

Suggestion to either move this thread to Vera Luup & Development and/or lock it as its replaced by the 1.005 thread here
http://forum.mios.com/index.php?topic=6515.0

Offline TimAlls

This software has merged with a larger one that now does Reports, Code, and UI control of devices. The software is functional but still under Development.
Goto this thread for the latest:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6515.0

Offline MNB

@TimAlls,
As you've moved to your thread activities to the "touchscreen interface..." thread, how about locking this and the other topics. Allows folks to review for archival/searching purposes but focus the users to your latest. Mike
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline Henk

@TimAlls,
As you've moved to your thread activities to the "touchscreen interface..." thread, how about locking this and the other topics. Allows folks to review for archival/searching purposes but focus the users to your latest. Mike

I 2nd that with my request here