We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Schlage Wireless or Wired Cameras?  (Read 14659 times)

Offline SuperflyMD

• Sr. Newbie
Schlage Wireless or Wired Cameras?
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »
There are still a few of these available on clearance at my local radioshacks. Obviously, I use the Vera, not iLink. Will these cameras work pretty well?

Offline Henk

Re: Schlage Wireless or Wired Cameras?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:10:09 pm »
@Superfly MD,

There are some issues with these cameras
More info at:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/IP_Cameras
This camera does not give an IP address out of the box. In order for it work, it needs to be activated using the Schlage LiNK system. Without paying for the Schlage LiNK membership, this camera cannot be used with Vera unless there's a way of forcing the activation.

Hope this helps!

Henk
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline SuperflyMD

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »
OK...guess I'm not running to the Shack this morning.

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure you saved me quite a bit of hassle.

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:42:10 pm »
This is not true as far as the wired camera goes.  There has been a post about how to reflash its firmware (fairly easy) so that it works like a standard IP camera should.  I can't remember if it works for the wireless version (might use a different replacement firmware).

The wired cameras are a great bargain, I bought 6 and they do work with Vera once reflashed to a new firmware.  I'll try to find the link, but do a search in the meantime for the model number here on the forums.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline Henk

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:47:12 pm »
This is not true as far as the wired camera goes.  There has been a post about how to reflash its firmware (fairly easy) so that it works like a standard IP camera should.  I can't remember if it works for the wireless version (might use a different replacement firmware).

The wired cameras are a great bargain, I bought 6 and they do work with Vera once reflashed to a new firmware.  I'll try to find the link, but do a search in the meantime for the model number here on the forums.

@Shady, if you can find the instructions, please let us know, we can then update the wiki!
Maybe even throw in a HOWTO
| Vera2 @ UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | Vera Lite @ UI5 | Vera 3 @ UI5 | 2x Merten  504519 | 1x Duewi  064374 | 1x Everspring SM103 doorbell mod |1 Y-cam IP cam | various LUUP plugins |

Offline Dav1d

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »
Reflash instructions here.

Offline Henk

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »
The howto is easy.
(i checked the download links, they still work)

Here's a link to the product's website:
http://link.schlage.com/PRODUCTS/...amera.aspx

To upgrade to a new firmware follow these steps.
(NO WARRENTY, YOU FLASH YOUR DEVICES ON YOUR OWN RISK!)

You'll need the following files to upgrade the firmware:

Here is the application you'll use to flash the firmware on the device:
http://www.everbesthk.com/8-downl...207_XP.zip

This is the compatible firmware to flash onto the unit:
http://www.northq.com/download/90...6.1009.zip

Install the upgrade_207_xp.zip application.
NOTE You'll need to set it to run in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode and to run as administrator on Windows 7. The app will not work with 64-bit Win7.

Connect the included network cable to the device, then insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the side of the unit. While holding down the reset button, plug in the power adapter. This will put the device into a firmware upgrade mode. The power light should flash while the network light should stay solid.

Open the Upgrade Utility app you installed earlier, select your current network adapter, the click browse targets. If the application finds the device, click on the Files button then navigate to where you saved the firmware file. Once you're ready, click on upgrade. It should wipe the EEPROM, write the new firmware, then verify that the image has been written successfully. The process should take about 5 minutes or so. When it's finished, the device will reboot and once the power and network lights are solid, you should be good to go.

It will pull an ip from your router/dhcp server, so you may need to check to see what IP it has been assigned.

The default user name is administrator and the password field should be blank.

@Anyone who performed this flash, please let us know if it worked and if vera is able to communicate to the camera afterwards!

Offline Dav1d

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:35:46 pm »
The howto is easy.
(i checked the download links, they still work)

@Anyone who performed this flash, please let us know if it worked and if vera is able to communicate to the camera afterwards!

That would be in this thread... There is also a download link to download windows software to record from these.

Offline Henk

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »

That would be in this thread... There is also a download link to download windows software to record from these.
[/quote]

Ill try and update the wiki tonight, backlinking to the threads
---edit, wiki updated with new info from the forum-----
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/IP_Cameras
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:58:02 pm by Henk »

Offline RobertN

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 06:32:31 pm »
I have both the wireless and wired version and they work great with Vera and with the Live Cams app on my iPhone/iPad. Will recommend these cameras to anyone....

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:25:56 pm »
Are the wireless cameras still $79 at radio shack?  They were a couple of weeks ago and I passed.  If they drop I may reconsider.

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »
I think the wireless version is still at $79 which does get close to the price of a Foscam with Pan/Tilt and nightvision for around $90-100.  These are similar/same OEM to the camera's shown on the MCV store:

http://shop.micasaverde.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91&products_id=227&zenid=9adad1cc0a9281444f8a74bc6da42e7f

The wired versions of the camera are a great bargin at somewhere below $30. 
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set