We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB  (Read 365458 times)

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista Alarm Panels Plugin via AD2USB
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2011, 09:20:12 pm »
I'm on a PC.

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:12 pm »
If you are on a 10 SE then you shouldn't need to configure the address on your AD2USB device.  It defaults to 18.

Offline Thinkfire

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2011, 10:06:41 pm »
I'm on a PC.

Upgrade your firmware.  It does not support 10SE out of the box.

Use the AD2USBGUI program, it has a built in feature to update firmware and is the easiest to use visually.

http://www.nutech.com/forums/12.html

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2011, 12:59:49 am »
Ok I updated the firmware via the GUI program and then changed the keypad address to 31 and the status started flowing. Man what a journey. Thanks @waynebrady and @Thinkfire for the help and @mcvflorin for the hard work on the plugin.

Anyone able to control via the iVera app for iPhone4? Mine says "unsupported"...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:24:04 am by shep29 »

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:36 am »
Will there be programming to trigger scenes with zone faults?  So we can take advantage of our alarm systems motion sensors and door contacts, fire alarms, etc etc to trigger scenes?

Also some ability to...code our zone faults would be nice.  IE:  Zone 07 faults, after programming your zones, Vera would instead tell you that Door In Living Room is faulting?

Yes to both.

@shep29

It was explained in the documentation that all the commands require the PIN code to be present in the PIN code field. For security reasons the stored PIN code is used only for getting the faulted zones when there is more than one partition.

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2011, 07:57:05 am »
@mcvflorin Thanks I did see that in the documentation but in my case it didn't matter because my AD2USB wasn't programmed with the latest firmware and keypad address 31 for a 10-SE. Whenever I put in the pin code, nothing would happen after I pressed a command (Arm, Stay, etc.) I thought putting the keypad address in the KeypadAddresses field in the plugin would be enough to configure the keypad address. Might be a good idea to add a few lines in the instructions to say that you may need to input KeypadAddresses in the plugin and the AD2USB via the GUI program.

In my iVera app, it shows my Alarm because I assigned the panel and partition to a "room" but it says unsupported due to "no lua status found for this device". Is that because a pin code is required to show the lua status? Sorry, I'm new and not a programmer. If I understand the DSC plugin correctly, there is a remote arm/disarm feature. Can we expect to have that for the AD2USB plugin?

Offline waynebrady

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2011, 01:41:28 pm »
mcvflorin,

that's great news that we will be able to program faults from our sensors, etc. Any ideas when this will be released?

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2011, 08:09:02 pm »
Anyone able to control via the iVera app for iPhone4? Mine says "unsupported"...

@shep29,
I use automator.app and I had a similar problem after I installed my AD2USB with the plugin.  It would not display the Status or Faulted Zones.  When I contacted the developer he mentioned there was something different about the way it was implemented vs. most other devices but he was able to work around it and put out an update that fixed it.  I would recommend contacting the developer of iVera to make them aware of the issue, I'm sure they can fix it.  Or you could switch to automator.app, it works already.

Regards,
kbmcguire

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2011, 07:22:09 am »
Any ideas when this will be released?

My schedule is full at the moment, so not in the near future.

Offline shep29

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2011, 12:47:47 pm »
@kbmcguire

I downloaded the Automator.app as a backup but don't see status and can't control the Alarm. There are no buttons for Arm, Stay, Disarm ,etc... Are there settings that need to be changed in the Automator.app?

Offline kbmcguire

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2011, 07:48:49 pm »

Hi @shep29,
Apparently the update hasn't made it to the app store yet.  The developer had sent me an advance copy for testing a few weeks ago and I thought it was already updated in the app store.  I sent him an email to find out when it would be available or if you could get an advance copy as well.  Sorry about that  :-\ , I'll post back here when I get a response.

Regards,
kbmcguire

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2011, 07:55:38 pm »
FYI the default keypad address for a 10SE is 31.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline automator.app

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2011, 11:41:29 pm »
@kbmcguire

I downloaded the Automator.app as a backup but don't see status and can't control the Alarm. There are no buttons for Arm, Stay, Disarm ,etc... Are there settings that need to be changed in the Automator.app?

I worked with kbmcguire to resolve an issue that caused the alarm panel to not be rendered (it was because the first tab wasn't named 'Control' as it is in most).  This has been corrected in an upcoming release that will be submitted to Apple within a day or two.  Historically it has taken a week or so to get a new version approved but I am sure things are much slower with all the iOS 5 updates.

Thank you for your purchase, and rest assured that the new version with support for the alarm will be out very soon.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline mathewss

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2011, 05:01:33 am »
 We only have 8 units left in October!!!! Thats over four months ahead of my
estimates for this year. Thanks everyone for supporting our project.

I just started the process of building more AD2USB boards today so other than a few resellers that have stock the supplies are limited for the next few months as more are being built. All of the assembly and some of the parts are made in the USA other parts are from overseas where shortages have been an issue in the past. If all goes well we should have more stock in a few months.

I figured I would post this info here because of the volume of activity in this thread just in case anyone who has been watching wants to jump into the fun and goodness we call AD2USB before the last of this batch is gone.

Re
 Sean Mathews

Offline automator.app

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »
@kbmcguire

Thank you for your purchase, and rest assured that the new version with support for the alarm will be out very soon.

Automator version 1.4.5 has been released and should appear in the App Store very soon.  It contains the bug fix that prevented your alarm panel from rendering.  Enjoy!
Automator.app is dead.