Author Topic: AutHomation Info  (Read 38589 times)

Offline goingtohurt

Re: AutHomation Info
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »
Nice work! I've been waiting for a Android app that has some polish.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 05:02:35 am »
I just released version 1.2 for testing. You can see what has been changed/added here:

AutHomation Releases

Let me know if you run into any bugs/issues. Suggestions and comments are welcome.  :)

- Garrett

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Offline vespaman

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 04:49:40 am »
This app is great!

I love especially how fast it starts up, and the size of the switch buttons!

I love it! :D

Here's some things that could be improved imvho:
If you are in the 'Favorites' view: When pushing the app to background, to open some other app: On return to AutHomation, the virtual keyboard is brought up.
(Does not matter if I return to AH using the task list or use the AH program icon to return).

After pressing a button the user interface gets tied up the some background stuff (presumably sending), where one is presented with a 'working' icon and some information about the sendout. During this time, the user interface reacts as if it was accepting commands, which it isn't (at least not fully).
It would be nice if the request could be put into a queue, so one could switch on/off the same device without having to wait for the current job to finish.
This is mainly an issue if one accidently presses the wrong device during scroll etc.

It is quite common to accidently hit a dimmer device drag bar when scrolling, especially if one is scrolling just after switching on/off a device. (Maybe it is me that is a bit clumsy)

I use the non-hd version, along with 'favorites'. Since I have a few devices, even the favorites gets to have quite many items.
Once idea that I would like, would be if one could add/create multiple favorites (e.g. 'Upper Floor' / 'Basement') to the start menu.

Cheers!

Micael

Offline williammanda

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 02:36:54 pm »
Is there any way to intergrate media in to this? Please see post:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8492.0.html

Offline williammanda

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 03:06:03 pm »
Are there any videos ie You Tube that show the functionality?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 02:57:11 am »
This app is great!

I love especially how fast it starts up, and the size of the switch buttons!

I love it! :D

Here's some things that could be improved imvho:
If you are in the 'Favorites' view: When pushing the app to background, to open some other app: On return to AutHomation, the virtual keyboard is brought up.
(Does not matter if I return to AH using the task list or use the AH program icon to return).

After pressing a button the user interface gets tied up the some background stuff (presumably sending), where one is presented with a 'working' icon and some information about the sendout. During this time, the user interface reacts as if it was accepting commands, which it isn't (at least not fully).
It would be nice if the request could be put into a queue, so one could switch on/off the same device without having to wait for the current job to finish.
This is mainly an issue if one accidently presses the wrong device during scroll etc.

It is quite common to accidently hit a dimmer device drag bar when scrolling, especially if one is scrolling just after switching on/off a device. (Maybe it is me that is a bit clumsy)

I use the non-hd version, along with 'favorites'. Since I have a few devices, even the favorites gets to have quite many items.
Once idea that I would like, would be if one could add/create multiple favorites (e.g. 'Upper Floor' / 'Basement') to the start menu.

Cheers!

Micael

I put in a fix for the keyboard issue loading when resuming the app. You should be able to turn on several devices at a time. Though there may be some glitches in doing so due to how the code works. I will look into queue up tasks, however, this may/will require rewriting code and will require some thinking / brainstorming on the best way to do this. As for the slider for the dimmer, yes this can be an issue. I need to think of the best way to prevent this (not an easy task). What I can do is have the slider hide until you touch anywhere in the area of the device to have it display. I need to do some brainstorming here. For the time being, you can scroll by placing your finger to the left side of the screen.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 02:57:52 am »
Is there any way to intergrate media in to this? Please see post:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8492.0.html

At this time no.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 02:59:42 am »
Are there any videos ie You Tube that show the functionality?

I have no videos of the app in action. If I get time, I will try and make a video. Since the app has gone through various stages of design and since it is still considered in testing, making a video of it right now would not be a good idea.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 07:19:10 am »
I wanted to post that I was able to test my app on a co-workers kindle fire. I can say that the app works really well on the device. Choosing to force the tablet layout under the "App Settings" makes the experience pretty nice. I did notice a few little UI issues that I will need to fix. Between the Kindle Fire and BN Nook Tablet, I say they are great cheap controllers for Vera.

- Garrett

Offline vespaman

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »
As for the slider for the dimmer, yes this can be an issue. I need to think of the best way to prevent this (not an easy task). What I can do is have the slider hide until you touch anywhere in the area of the device to have it display. I need to do some brainstorming here. For the time being, you can scroll by placing your finger to the left side of the screen.

- Garrett

Hiding dimmer slider is a good solution as far as I'm concerned (others may disagree, obviously).

Thanks,
 - Micael

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 01:31:03 pm »
As for the slider for the dimmer, yes this can be an issue. I need to think of the best way to prevent this (not an easy task). What I can do is have the slider hide until you touch anywhere in the area of the device to have it display. I need to do some brainstorming here. For the time being, you can scroll by placing your finger to the left side of the screen.

- Garrett

Hiding dimmer slider is a good solution as far as I'm concerned (others may disagree, obviously).

Thanks,
 - Micael

It is only a few lines of extra code. But It causes a bug, well cosmetic bug. When the slider is pressed to set light level, it will hide. I need to fix this. I can also add an option in the settings to toggle hiding of the slider. So the user can decide.

- Garrett

Offline jwiz

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 01:32:52 am »
I think giving the user the option to hide the slider would be a great feature.

Offline mario23

• Beta Testers
  • V2|V3
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 08:27:59 pm »
Garrett...are u taking donations for ur work!
Its working great with ui5 And on my android phone, tablet and Google TV.
Great work...
Vera 3 Lite | Kwikset lever Lock (3) | 45609 ON/Off (9) | 45603 Module (1) | VRI10 Dimmer (1) | VP00R Match Dimmer (1) | VRI06 Dimmer (2) | VRS15 (5) | Intermatic HA01C Outlets (3) | Trane Thermostat | HSM100 3in1 Sensor | Foscam FI8905W ipcam (1) | Foscam FI8904W (2) | Foscam FI8918W (3)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 07:22:59 am »
Garrett...are u taking donations for ur work!
Its working great with ui5 And on my android phone, tablet and Google TV.
Great work...

I am glad you are enjoying the app. If you have any issues, please let me know. I am trying to get an update out by the end of the year that should have better googletv integration (reworking the interface). I also added alarm system support and fixing any bugs I can find and other little features. I have not set anything up for donations, but if you want to donate, you can send a donation via paypal to (garrett dot power at gmail dot com). Here are a few screen shots of the googletv ui.

- Garrett

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 07:23:23 am »
And another....