We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to make a motion detector turn a light on for a set time?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Michele

How to make a motion detector turn a light on for a set time?
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:50:17 pm »
OK, I have a motion detector and a light.  I want the light to come on when the detector is tripped, then turn itself off after five minutes.  I managed to figure out how to create a scene in UI4 that will turn the light on when the detector is tripped, but now what?

How do I tell the light to turn itself off five minutes after it comes on?  Ideally, I'd like the light to stay on if it's activated via a switch and only turn off if it's activated with the detector, but I'll settle for just a fixed time if that can't be done.   I read the documentation and couldn't find an answer to this.  Thanks!

Offline waltzer11

Re: How to make a motion detector turn a light on for a set time?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:30:41 pm »
OK, I have a motion detector and a light.  I want the light to come on when the detector is tripped, then turn itself off after five minutes.  I managed to figure out how to create a scene in UI4 that will turn the light on when the detector is tripped, but now what?

How do I tell the light to turn itself off five minutes after it comes on?  Ideally, I'd like the light to stay on if it's activated via a switch and only turn off if it's activated with the detector, but I'll settle for just a fixed time if that can't be done.   I read the documentation and couldn't find an answer to this.  Thanks!

i dont have a scene, my lights turn on when motion sensor is tripped and off after 5 minutes. try this: in the commands tab of your light "ON", "AFTER 5 MINUTES", "OFF".

Offline Michele

Re: How to make a motion detector turn a light on for a set time?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 02:48:25 pm »
Thanks - that was the key.  I didn't realize you have to go to the Commands tab in the scene, then select the room the light is in to get it to appear in the menu.  Then you can set the delay there.  It's all working perfectly now.