Author Topic: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!  (Read 63604 times)

Offline jjwatmyself

Re: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2016, 10:59:48 am »
I'm using a Vera 2 on UI5 version 1.5.673 and Minimote Firmware 1.19 (US)

Credits to
jasondag http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29493.msg241697.html#msg241697
cpmilaz http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29493.msg218577.html#msg218577
pmnb http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29493.msg278848.html#msg278848

To summarize "LastSceneID" is the only value being set correctly and modification are required to have use of all buttons.  You'll need a new .json and .xml file.

CAUTION: Do not overlay existing files.  The process below results in new .json and .xml files on your Vera 2.  The steps for UI7 do not require the use of the .xml file. The .json files for UI5 and UI7 ARE NOT THE SAME, DO NOT MIX AND MATCH!!

Step by step:
1. From UI5 Goto APPS
2. Click Develop apps
3. Click Luup Files
4. Download "D_SceneController1.json", and save as "D_SceneControllerAeonMinimote.json"
5. On your PC, edit and change "sl_SceneActivated", to "LastSceneID"
6. Download "D_SceneController1.xml", and save as "D_SceneControllerAeonMinimote.xml"
7. On your PC, edit and change "D_SceneController1.json", to "D_SceneControllerAeonMinimote.json" (fixed typo Jan 8 2017)
8. On UI5 upload files and check/tick reload luup engine.
9. Goto the device page and choose advanced options
10. Set 'device_file' to "D_SceneControllerAeonMinimote.xml"
11. Change NumButtons from 4 to 8 (you will now ignore the Deactivate buttons 1-8 after changing this)
12. Change PollSettings to 0 (because the Minimote never wakes up)
13. Go to Device Options, add configuration settings, Variable=250 Data size=1 byte Dec, Desired Value=1

To configure scenes:
1. On UI5 goto the device page and choose Scenes
2. Activate Scenes Button #1,3,5,7 are Short Press for Minimote buttons 1,2,3,4
3. Activate Scenes Button #2,4,6,8 are Long Press for Minimote buttons 1,2,3,4
(Ignore all Deactivate Scenes 1-8)

Here are a scene that is useful for thermostats that support heat and cool to set temp based on what mode the thermostat is currently set to.  In my experience, during the summer, houses run warmer and in the winter houses run cooler.  Having a single button that when pressed will set the comfortable temp is nice.  I have this scene set for a short press and ESM set to a long press on same button.

Code: [Select]
local DevID_Therm = 11
local EnvStatus = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1", "ModeStatus", DevID_Therm)

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1",
                   "SetEnergyModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "Normal"},DevID_Therm)

if (EnvStatus == "CoolOn") then
   luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool",
                   "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "74"},DevID_Therm)
elseif (EnvStatus == "HeatOn") then
   luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat",
                   "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "68"},DevID_Therm)
end

# Scene 2:
local DevID_Therm = 11

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1",
                   "SetEnergyModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "EnergySavingsMode"},DevID_Therm)

Enjoy!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:18:10 pm by jjwatmyself »

Offline Gogzy

« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2016, 09:13:49 am »
Hello all,

I would like to know is it possible to have the minimote or any other remote to use as a remote from a car?
I have the Vera Plus and UI7 latest firmware. I allways use the phone to change the mode (home/away), but that is not so practical. So can i use minimote to do that?
I dont know what will happen when the minimote iout of range is and then again in range? Does it work automaticaly? Can i just switch mode when i am in range of the Vera? Or do i need to include it every time i get in range again?

Thanks a lot

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2016, 10:37:31 am »
If you set polling of the minimote to 0, you can take it out of range and bring it back in range, and you should be fine

Offline jjwatmyself

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2017, 01:04:50 pm »
Hello all,

I would like to know is it possible to have the minimote or any other remote to use as a remote from a car?
I have the Vera Plus and UI7 latest firmware. I allways use the phone to change the mode (home/away), but that is not so practical. So can i use minimote to do that?
I dont know what will happen when the minimote iout of range is and then again in range? Does it work automaticaly? Can i just switch mode when i am in range of the Vera? Or do i need to include it every time i get in range again?

Thanks a lot

If your phone is on Wifi and you have AnyMote Smart Remote installed on your phone, you can program HTTP GET Buttons and activate any Vera scene. I used the Notifications feature on this app in order to display buttons permanently on my Android pull down and lock screen. Turn on screen, press button. Done.  This gives you a very convenient scene controller on the Android lock screen with up to 15 buttons. Personally I use the Anymote Notifications feature for IR and have some Vera scenes on the remotes within the app. But I like your idea about doing things from the car with easy to access buttons.  That would save me from opening Home Buddy!  :D

Here is the HTTP GET URL.  Just change the scene umber on the end.

http://IP:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=15