Author Topic: Support for Heatmiser WiFi Thermostats  (Read 49741 times)

Offline Chris

Re: Support for Heatmiser WiFi Thermostats
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 06:12:57 am »
Hi Quentin,
At the moment I'm not sure if I can support this due to other things going on. (from memory) There's not a huge difference between the different thermostats so this isn't the issue. The question that I need to remind myself is how to support individual IP thermostats in the plugin as the way it's currently written is to support a parent device that handles the  communication to the individual thermostats via IP/RS-422.

Give me a week or so to have another look over the plugin to see how big a job it is...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Quinten

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 06:29:51 am »
Cheers Chris,

I tried to amend your plug in and make it suitable for the wifi version, but it is quite a bit more complex (your plugin, not the concept ;)) than I had envisaged.  The wifi thermostats require a pin sent at all times, and have an individual IP address/port.  The concept of having a parent with children should work, but each child needs its own IP address/port & pin, and how to create such things inside the plugin is a bit beyond me.

I also managed to 'crash' my thermostat as it currently won't listen to port 8068 anymore (the one the smart phone apps use), so I can't try anything now until I get home and kill the power to it.
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.947 | 8x Fibaro FGD211 | 2x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 3x Fibaro FGRGBW | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub | 1x Philips LivingColour

Offline Chris

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:38 am »
I tried to amend your plug in and make it suitable for the wifi version, but it is quite a bit more complex (your plugin, not the concept ;)) than I had envisaged.  The wifi thermostats require a pin sent at all times, and have an individual IP address/port.  The concept of having a parent with children should work, but each child needs its own IP address/port & pin, and how to create such things inside the plugin is a bit beyond me.
I think it would be better to avoid the parent/child concept if possible. It is needed on the network version since everything goes through a single gateway...

I also managed to 'crash' my thermostat as it currently won't listen to port 8068 anymore (the one the smart phone apps use), so I can't try anything now until I get home and kill the power to it.
Ooops - that doesn't sound good  :(

I'll have a think next week and try and remind myself how the protocol to the WiFi version works. From memory the data blocks were largely (but not exactly) the same - I don't recall the pin issue you mention, so this may be another issue that needs some thought...

Chris

Online racarter

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 06:45:34 am »
Chris

Using your plug-in as a starting point I've got the Heatmiser Wi-Fi talking nicely to Vera now.  I had intended to try to add the wi-fi model to your plug-in, but since it's a stand-alone device I found it was more sensible to develop a stand-alone plug-in which does not use children and requires only the thermostat device on Vera.  Quinten and I have been using the plug-in for several days now (I have one stat, he has two) and it's working well.

Comms was a big issue.  The wi-fi version will only talk to one client at a time on port 8068, so if you use io.open() in the plug-in you lock out iPhone users.  I've used a socket model which releases the port after each poll, thus allowing other clients to access the thermostat.

You're very welcome to have a look at the code if you're thinking about expanding your plug-in to cater for the wi-fi model, or just for interest.
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline ronnie136

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 08:12:35 pm »
Hi racarter,

I've just got myself a Vera Lite and already have 2x Heatmier WiFi thermostats. Would it be possible to get a copy of your code as I'm keen to get them linked up.

Regards

Paul

Online racarter

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 04:02:02 am »
Hi Paul

I've PMed you.
Indigo, Vera Edge (for Datamine only), Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion, Heatmiser thermostats, Netatmo Weather, Camera and Healthy Home, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline sifrost

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 09:48:43 am »
Hi racarter,
I now have 3 wifi heatmiser thermostats with a multilink for remote control. I would like to integrate the thermostats into my zwave (Vera lite) system. Can you help?

Online racarter

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 09:54:25 am »
Hi sifrost

The plug-in communicates direct with the thermostat so I'm not sure how the multilink will affect things.  I'll PM you with my e-mail address so you can get in touch if you'd like to try it anyway.

Alan

Offline JamesFowler

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »
Hi racarter,

Will you be making your Heatmiser Wifi plugin available in the MiOS Marketplace, or can you send me a copy of it?

Thanks,

- James

Online racarter

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »
James

I've PMed you.

Offline Entropyst

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 09:34:43 am »
Hi, I just download heatmiser plugin but I have no clue where to set password or pin :\

Online racarter

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 09:49:06 am »
Entropyst - is this comment meant for me (wi-fi plug-in) or Chris (network plug-in)?  The wi-fi plug-in is not yet available for download - I e-mail it to those who request it - so if you've downloaded a plug-in it's the network version.  As far as I'm aware the networked stats don't use a password or PIN.

Offline Entropyst

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:52 am »
racarter, I'm interested in testing wifi version, is it possible?
I'm also a programmer, but I didn't study anything about vera, untill now :D

Online racarter

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:55 am »
Entropyst - I'm not at home today, but I'll PM you my e-mail address so you can tell me where to send the files when I get back.

Offline ianh

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:03 am »
Hi racater

I would be very interested to try your plug in I have a WiFI CH and HW thermostat that works well stand alone, it would be great to have it integrated with vera.