Author Topic: Support for Heatmiser WiFi Thermostats  (Read 34535 times)

Offline Chris

Re: Support for Heatmiser WiFi Thermostats
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 06:12:57 am »
Hi Quentin,
At the moment I'm not sure if I can support this due to other things going on. (from memory) There's not a huge difference between the different thermostats so this isn't the issue. The question that I need to remind myself is how to support individual IP thermostats in the plugin as the way it's currently written is to support a parent device that handles the  communication to the individual thermostats via IP/RS-422.

Give me a week or so to have another look over the plugin to see how big a job it is...

Cheers
Chris

Offline Quinten

• Awooga!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 06:29:51 am »
Cheers Chris,

I tried to amend your plug in and make it suitable for the wifi version, but it is quite a bit more complex (your plugin, not the concept ;)) than I had envisaged.  The wifi thermostats require a pin sent at all times, and have an individual IP address/port.  The concept of having a parent with children should work, but each child needs its own IP address/port & pin, and how to create such things inside the plugin is a bit beyond me.

I also managed to 'crash' my thermostat as it currently won't listen to port 8068 anymore (the one the smart phone apps use), so I can't try anything now until I get home and kill the power to it.
VeraLite - UI7 1.7.730 (was UI5 1.5.622) | 9x Fibaro FGD211 | 1x Fibaro FGS221 | 1x Fibaro FGBS321 | 1x Everspring SP814 | 2x Everspring AN157-3 | 2x Heatmiser PRT-TS WiFi | 1x Logitech Harmony Hub

Offline Chris

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:38 am »
I tried to amend your plug in and make it suitable for the wifi version, but it is quite a bit more complex (your plugin, not the concept ;)) than I had envisaged.  The wifi thermostats require a pin sent at all times, and have an individual IP address/port.  The concept of having a parent with children should work, but each child needs its own IP address/port & pin, and how to create such things inside the plugin is a bit beyond me.
I think it would be better to avoid the parent/child concept if possible. It is needed on the network version since everything goes through a single gateway...

I also managed to 'crash' my thermostat as it currently won't listen to port 8068 anymore (the one the smart phone apps use), so I can't try anything now until I get home and kill the power to it.
Ooops - that doesn't sound good  :(

I'll have a think next week and try and remind myself how the protocol to the WiFi version works. From memory the data blocks were largely (but not exactly) the same - I don't recall the pin issue you mention, so this may be another issue that needs some thought...

Chris

Offline racarter

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 06:45:34 am »
Chris

Using your plug-in as a starting point I've got the Heatmiser Wi-Fi talking nicely to Vera now.  I had intended to try to add the wi-fi model to your plug-in, but since it's a stand-alone device I found it was more sensible to develop a stand-alone plug-in which does not use children and requires only the thermostat device on Vera.  Quinten and I have been using the plug-in for several days now (I have one stat, he has two) and it's working well.

Comms was a big issue.  The wi-fi version will only talk to one client at a time on port 8068, so if you use io.open() in the plug-in you lock out iPhone users.  I've used a socket model which releases the port after each poll, thus allowing other clients to access the thermostat.

You're very welcome to have a look at the code if you're thinking about expanding your plug-in to cater for the wi-fi model, or just for interest.
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline ronnie136

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 08:12:35 pm »
Hi racarter,

I've just got myself a Vera Lite and already have 2x Heatmier WiFi thermostats. Would it be possible to get a copy of your code as I'm keen to get them linked up.

Regards

Paul

Offline racarter

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 04:02:02 am »
Hi Paul

I've PMed you.
Indigo, Vera Edge/Datamine, Everspring and TKBHOME socket switches, SM103 door detectors, Homepro ZRP210 appliance modules, Fibaro relay switches, EZMotion 3 in 1 sensors, Heatmiser thermostats, Hikvision DVR/CCTV, Sonos, Texecom, Diax motorised deadlock.

Offline sifrost

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 09:48:43 am »
Hi racarter,
I now have 3 wifi heatmiser thermostats with a multilink for remote control. I would like to integrate the thermostats into my zwave (Vera lite) system. Can you help?

Offline racarter

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 09:54:25 am »
Hi sifrost

The plug-in communicates direct with the thermostat so I'm not sure how the multilink will affect things.  I'll PM you with my e-mail address so you can get in touch if you'd like to try it anyway.

Alan

Offline JamesFowler

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »
Hi racarter,

Will you be making your Heatmiser Wifi plugin available in the MiOS Marketplace, or can you send me a copy of it?

Thanks,

- James

Offline racarter

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »
James

I've PMed you.

Offline Entropyst

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 09:34:43 am »
Hi, I just download heatmiser plugin but I have no clue where to set password or pin :\

Offline racarter

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 09:49:06 am »
Entropyst - is this comment meant for me (wi-fi plug-in) or Chris (network plug-in)?  The wi-fi plug-in is not yet available for download - I e-mail it to those who request it - so if you've downloaded a plug-in it's the network version.  As far as I'm aware the networked stats don't use a password or PIN.

Offline Entropyst

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:52 am »
racarter, I'm interested in testing wifi version, is it possible?
I'm also a programmer, but I didn't study anything about vera, untill now :D

Offline racarter

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:55 am »
Entropyst - I'm not at home today, but I'll PM you my e-mail address so you can tell me where to send the files when I get back.

Offline ianh

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:03 am »
Hi racater

I would be very interested to try your plug in I have a WiFI CH and HW thermostat that works well stand alone, it would be great to have it integrated with vera.