A. POWER LIGHT IS BLINKING Green&Orange
In firmwares lower that 1.5.270 there is present a bug in the kernel nand driver which can cause a corruption of the jffs2 file system, making the unit to hang at boot when it's mounting the rootfs_data mtd.
It seems that the corruption is happening when the unit is unplugged from the battery pack. Because of this we've added a POWER OFF
feature in the new firmware. So before disconnecting the battery pack keep pressed for 5 seconds the HELP button and wait 5 seconds after your see all light turning off (excepting the Power light which will be solid green) then unplug the battery pack.
In case your unit, has Internet connection and it's POWER LIGHT is FLASHING GREEN AND ORANGE for more than 15 minutes it's possible that you're affected by the bug.
In order to fix your unit you can follow this guide :NOTE : doing this won't fix any other issues like ZWave not working/ZWave No-Dongle etc
Try to restore you unit firmware following this tutorial
, if you are unable, then follow the bellow steps and be sure at the end to upgrade your firmware to the latest version!
1. Turn OFF wireless or any other connection that your computer might have(blue-tooth/virtual Ethernet etc)
2. Connect your computer directly into the LAN1 port of the Vera3 unit
3. Plug the power adapter in Vera and when the red light starts blinking, press and release the RESET button.
You should notice the power led to start flashing green&orange faster.
4. Put a static IP on your computer (192.168.1.2) and the gateway 192.168.1.1 (subnet mask will always default to 255.255.255.0 - so leave it like that)
5. Open a command prompt / terminal and run the following commands :
5.1. ping 192.168.1.1
- if you receive a reply continue, else power cycle you Vera unit and retry step 3
5.2. telnet 192.168.1.1
- if you don't have telnet, please install it accordingly to your OS
After you're connected to the unit through telnet you should see a command prompt like this :root@(none):/#
In there run these commands:
flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd7
echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger
5. Now the Vera unit should reboot and you should see it booting up. It might take a couple of minutes, first the POWER LED should be solid orange, then blink green&orange slow when it's booting and after that green solid when it finished booting up.
6. Change your IP address back on automatically or 192.168.81.2 and gateway 192.168.81.1
7. Check that the Dashboard loads on 192.168.81.1 after all the LEDs are on and solid green
Now your Vera unit is reseted to factory defaults and is running the same base firmware and MiOS firmware as it was before, so you should :
8. first upgrade your firmware by visiting : http://cp.mios.com/firmware
and then on the new version
9. restore a previous backup of your unit from your account (cpui5.mios.com(be sure to login) -> Setup -> Backups).B. POWER LIGHT IS SOLID Green
(optional USB1 led can blink)
If from the time you plugged the power cord into your unit only the POWER light has lit green (optional USB1 led can blink) and no other leds are light up/blinking,
it's possible that your unit kernel mtd partition is corrupted and the bootloader can't load any OS from the flash.
In order to recover your unit you need to re-write the firmware on the unit from the bootloader using this tutorial
.C. ALL LIGHTS ARE SOLID Green
Each Vera3 unit has to pass a testing process in the factory which will confirm that all leds, buttons, zwave and networking modules are working. In order to mark the start of this process the unit will light up solid green all its leds and will hang the boot process until this test pass with success all the steps. In case this happens please contact support and mention how the unit get in this state and from where you bought it.D. ALL LIGHTS ARE OFF
If you've connected the correct power adapter (12V 1A) to your unit and this is plugged into a working socket, it's possible to have a defective power supply or Vera unit. Please try a different power adapter which has the same polarity/voltage or contact sales for a RMA.