General > General

What is going on at Lowe's?

<< < (3/17) > >>

Will H:
So has anyone picked up an Iris device and paired it with Vera?  The Smart Plug (which says it has energy monitoring) seems like a good deal at $30.  The only competitive product that I know of is the Aeon Labs/Mi Casa verde SmartSwitch for $60.  The motion sensor ($25) and door sensor ($20) look good, too.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_388564-41166-SPG902_0__?productId=3735315

frichter09:
Is it possible it uses both Zigbee and Z-wave??
I might pick up a sensor tonight on my way home...
This is from their website:

How Iris Works
The Iris Hub captures signals put out by smart home devices. When you connect the Iris Hub to your home's broadband router, you're creating a net of devices that can talk to each other and pass messages to and from the hub. If you have WiFi, Iris can use that, too, for Iris compatible WiFi devices. The Iris Hub relays smart home device signals to the Iris cloud and from there they can be accessed and controlled via your smartphone or web-connected tablet or computer.
Iris takes advantage of multiple well-proven technologies: Z-wave, ZigBee and WiFi. Since different devices use different technologies, using these most popular technologies means Iris can control a broader array of devices than competitors. That's why it's so easy to add new devices to your smart home — Iris uses the technology appropriate for each device. Look for the "Works with Iris" logo on smart devices before you buy.
Your devices maintain contact with the Iris Hub, sending signals as required. If a device is triggered, for example a contact sensor triggered by a door opening, the device immediately sends a signal to the Iris Hub where it is sent to the cloud and processed based on instructions you have set up.
Iris uses the cloud to remember all your instructions and send each device instructions via Z-wave, ZigBee, or WiFi signal (depending on which protocol the device uses). When alerts are triggered, Iris can send email, text and voice messages to you and your designated contacts' smartphones, tablets, or computers.

ufd108:

--- Quote from: will2710 on July 27, 2012, 10:59:12 am ---So has anyone picked up an Iris device and paired it with Vera?  The Smart Plug (which says it has energy monitoring) seems like a good deal at $30.  The only competitive product that I know of is the Aeon Labs/Mi Casa verde SmartSwitch for $60.  The motion sensor ($25) and door sensor ($20) look good, too.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention the GE switches; $35 is at least $10 cheaper than I have ever seen them before, assuming they are the standard z-wave switches.

frichter09:

--- Quote from: ufd108 on July 27, 2012, 01:14:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: will2710 on July 27, 2012, 10:59:12 am ---So has anyone picked up an Iris device and paired it with Vera?  The Smart Plug (which says it has energy monitoring) seems like a good deal at $30.  The only competitive product that I know of is the Aeon Labs/Mi Casa verde SmartSwitch for $60.  The motion sensor ($25) and door sensor ($20) look good, too.

--- End quote ---

Not to mention the GE switches; $35 is at least $10 cheaper than I have ever seen them before, assuming they are the standard z-wave switches.

--- End quote ---

I am sure that the GE dimmers are Z-wave.
Look at this manual, it is modifies (says Iris) however if you read through it you will notice that the model number changes and it should be representing their normal Z-Wave dimmer....
http://www.lowes.com/campaign/iris/pdf/45639%20manual%20ENG.pdf

Also, the repeater is both Zigbee and Z-wave.
The Iris system should be available at my local store so I will definitely check it out!
Flo

Will H:

--- Quote from: frichter09 on July 27, 2012, 12:58:12 pm ---Is it possible it uses both Zigbee and Z-wave??
I might pick up a sensor tonight on my way home...

--- End quote ---

The hub I believe supports both, but I highly doubt that individual devices would support both protocols as that would add quite a bit to their price tag.  As for picking one up, all the Lowe's near me don't have it stocked yet, so if yours has it then please let us know!  The press release says they will have it in 500 stores by the end of August.  I'm tempted to pay the extra for shipping just to check it out and return it to the store if it doesn't work but I'd figure I'd at least ask here first.

Will

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version